Saving Window / Level in K-PACS free

• Hi everyone.

I am importing dicom images from cd to my k-pacs (ver. 1.0), the quality of the images, however, is not optimal on the cd.

I change the w/l of the image to something more appropriate and satisfactory. When I exit the viewer and then chooses to look at the images again from my imagebox, the images are automatically reset to the default again.

But I want to keep/save the w/l applied to the images - how is that done?

Regards,
    Joakim

• How come none of the developers are answering this topic??? Seriously it is a problem that the w/l settings are not automatically (or even manually) saved when you exit display.

If it doesn't work on the free edition I am not prone to take the step forward to recommend my hospital to try out the profesional edition.

Regards,
    Joakim

• This is actually a more complex issue than one thinks.
    There are different ways to achive this task:
    1. Create a copy of the image with corrected W/L settings using the Secondary Caputre feature (STRG+SPACE) of iQ-View (not in K-PACS). This is not suitable for multi-image series like with CT or MR since you have to do it for every image.
    2. Store W/L changes into the local database. This is on our ToDo list but will not lead to an adaption of W/L in the lite viewer because it does not use a database. We could however use the adapted settings to create the DICOMDIR
    3. Store W/L changes into so called Presentation State DICOM objects. This should be the prefered way but is also still under developement.

Be asured, that we recognized this feature as essential and work on a solution for both K-PACS and IQ-View

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!