Database regeneration

• I had to restore windows with a restore point, and in doing so, many of the cases I had transferred to Kpacs recently no longer were visible in the database/imagebox. The dicom images were still in place. So I tried to do a database regeneration, but after I pushed "start" with "direct rebuild" (version 1.0.1), it just sat there at 0% for a long time. I cancelled the process, still at 0% and now my whole list of local patients is gone from the image box. All the dicom data still seems to be in place in the storage directory.

Can you help rebuild my local database?

Thank you in advance

• Thank you for the response. I couldn't discover the root of the problem, so here is how I fixed it, for anyones future reference.

Since all of the dicom files were in place, I left them alone and reinstalled Kpacs. I specified a different imagebox directory during the installation. I then started Kpacs and did a "filesystem" query of the old installation directory. That took quite a while, and then I "loaded in" the files to the new installation directory. That also took some time, several hours for 30 gb of images. It basically copied the dcm files to the new directory and updated the new database. Now everything is back to the way it was, with a new imagebox directory.

A round-about way, but it worked ok.
    Regards, DSA

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!