future product direction

• The goal for K-PACS is to become and then stay the best freely available diagnostic workstation for windows computers (I admit that trying to beat OSIRIX would be hopless right now).
    There might be a commercially available version in the future, that is CE approved and might have some additional features and functions.
    For doctors who seek an affordable, approved workstation with professional support this will be a good alternative to Merge and co.

Andreas

• Good to here that news.
    With the announced implementation of the scan line k-pacs is really becoming dangerous for efilm.
    A very good feature is the possiblility of the conversion of jpeg images to dicom-studies, what we are widely using now for our ultrasound images, that we can now store as well to the pacs-server. Now the doctors will look more often to the previous studies for comparison than before.
    Is OSIRIX really that good as the screenshots promised? Well, the mac is not that widely used here as in US although its a good machine.

• I had the chance to test an Aycan OsirixCE workstation at the DRG Congress in Berlin. Aycan will sell a CE approved version of Osirix with one or more medical displays in a quarter of a year or so.
    Osirix does definitely play in the professional league regarding it's 3D ability and it's overall functionality. And I do not mean Merge or Stentor with "professional league" but Tiani, GE and Siemens.

Andreas

• This is indeed good news (even if the Efilm folks are a local company). The price of Efilm has escalated beyond what our institution is able to pay. Their requirement for an active $800 service contract in order to reissue a license on the same machine once changes have been made to it has really turned me off to both the product and vendor. Our main use is in creating Dicom CD's, both for issuance to patients and for export to other non-networkable systems, so anything to enhance those functions will be useful to us.

• I installed osirix to an apple-pc of a freind oft mine, who ist an general practioneer. We were both impressed of the functionallity of the prog and the possibilties. But on the other way round, who needs all that ?
    A doctor, running a private radiological practice with connection to a small hospital like us are working under great time and money pressur, so there is no time for 3D reconstructions. And for whom if you dont have persons who need that.
    For a greater clinic it is for sure useful, and this may than be the professional league, cause they on the other way round have more time and money for that.
    The main prob is that a normal doctor in a private practice doesn t even have the time for looking at a cd, that was stated to me, so efilm, k-pacs with the announced features and dicomworks is enough for the daily routine work.
    What I am looking for and here I try myfreepacs is displaying the pictures over the web for teleradiological consultings in emergency cases.
    This could be a challenge as well in the freeware comnunity for "poor" guys like us.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!