K-PACS vs PACSONE

• Hi,
    I spent many days installing pacsone to work as a dicom server for CT image backup. The CT images are stored in GE AW workstations. I experienced so many problems when trying to make the communication between AW and the pacsone server work. Finally, I gave up and switched to K-PACS. Surprisingly, K-PACS is so simple to install and works immediately !
    What is your opinion comparing pacsone to k-pacs ?

• well, I too had problems in establishing a dicom communication between pacsone and k-pacs, allthough the pacsone server was running. seems a little bit tricky to install alltough I didn t find out whre the prob was.
    To your question k-pacs is a dicomviewer, not a pacs-system like pacsone and not useful for long term storage of images! If you need a dicomserver, try dicomconquest, a stable prog and ideal for that purpose. Also useful as a pacs-system.
    Deleting images in k-pacs, you have to mark the studies in the worklist and delete them with the right mouse button.

• K-PACS is intended to be a workstation, not a server. It's database is a temporary storage solution to reduce network trafic, but we are working on an integrated server/client solution (like e.g. Eflim provides) as well. You can download (http://www.k-pacs.net/kpserver.zip) a beta version of our queryable server. Just replace the files with the ones found in /kp-server/ directory.

Be aware that K-PACS currently uses a text file based database and not a "real" one like Conquest or PacsOne does. We are working on a MySQL database integeration but this will take us a while and a release should not be expected before spring next year.

regards,
    Andreas

• Quote from AndreasKnopke

K-PACS is intended to be a workstation, not a server. It's database is a temporary storage solution to reduce network trafic, but we are working on an integrated server/client solution (like e.g. Eflim provides) as well. You can download (http://www.k-pacs.net/kpserver.zip) a beta version of our queryable server. Just replace the files with the ones found in /kp-server/ directory.

Be aware that K-PACS currently uses a text file based database and not a "real" one like Conquest or PacsOne does. We are working on a MySQL database integeration but this will take us a while and a release should not be expected before spring next year.

regards,
    Andreas

i downloaded your beta version of queryable server but can not query K-pacs.

i followed install steps carefully.

any suggestions ?

thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!