how to upload files to vpn

• I use a program called Onis 2.5 to import DICOM files and then I upload them from Onis to a server via a secure VPN. Can K-PACS do that too? If so, how do I set it up? Your help would be much appreciated.

• Why shouldn't this work? It will probably work in the same way that you use it with the ONIS viewer. The VPN connection must be active; the user currently logged into the K-PACS computer must have permission to use the VPN connection to the server. You configure the DICOM server with which K-PACS shall communicate via VPN by defining the AE title, IP address/hostname and port in the K-PACS "DICOM settings". And you configure the K-PACS details (AE title, IP address/hostname and port) in the server as well. The port must be free and not blocked. Potential firewalls need to allow the communication.

Using VPN has less to do with the actual applications than with the network configuration.

• Thanks, Sabine......I'll start pressing buttons and see if I can get it to work. I'm far from proficient when it comes to solving IT issues or getting something new to work. Oh well, here I go...

• Thanks for your help. I was able to upload files with relative ease...but I haven't actually got the procedure down yet. I can get the job done, but it's only through clicking on various buttons when something doesn't work the first time. Is there an actual procedure written down that I can direct my employees to? I was trying to write the procedure down and add screen shots so they know what to expect, but after you get the system to upload the file, how do you get it to stay in the database so you can send it out? Anyway, if there is a written procedure somewhere I can just follow it and direct my employees to do the same. Thanks, in advance.
    George

• I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for in terms of a "procedure".

You simply select the study, studies or series in the study table of K-PACS by marking the checkbox(es) and then click the "Transfer" button and select the archive you want to send the data to. The transfer starts after the selection. That's the procedure as far as K-PACS is concerned. If you have previous requirements of connecting via VPN and such, that's something you need to define as it's your network and only you know how it's set up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!