Can I pull images after I reinstall the K-PACS software?

• I had an XP desktop with K-PACS installed but the hard drive crashed. I was given a new machine running Windows 7 and I re-downloaded K-PACS. Is there any way to pull the older images past that re-download date? I cant seem to come up with a way to find them.

Thanks,
    Joe

• I'm not sure exactly what function you are looking for.

Do you want to reimport the images from the old XP hard disk into the K-PACS imagebox on the new Windows 7 machine? If you still have access to these images, you can use the "Filesystem" import to re-import these images into the Win 7 K-PACS.

By default, the imagebox (study folders with the images) and the database file KPStudy.dir are located within the K-PACS installation folder, sub-folder "Server" --> "Database". But you might have moved the location.

In case the imagebox and database file (KPStudy.dir) from the old system are still intact, you may also try to copy those folders onto the Win 7 computer and connect both the IB and DB by adjusting the folder paths in the K-PACS Server Admin Tool. If the hard disk crash did not corrupt the imagebox and/or database, you may have immediate access to those images again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!