Connecting Kpacs server to MRI

• Hello
    I have a MRI(GE Signa Excite) and i like to connect it to a PC to record images on CD.
    Do you think if I install Kpacs on this PC I can save images on this PC and record them.
    How I ll do the connections?

What do you recomend?

Thank you

• Hello Eric,

K-PACS would be a possible solution for your task but not the best, if you want to store a lot of images (more than 1000 Patients). Then you should install ConquestServer or similar dicom server software. K-PACS is mainly intended to be an images presentation software and import-export workstation that connects to a server but implements a small database as well (for instance to cache most recent studies)

On your MR-machine you have to find the dialog where to state the dicom note properties you want to connect to. Default properties of K-PACS are:
    AET: KPSERVER, Port: 111 but you can change those settings with the server admin tool.
    If you use K-PACS than make shure that you swiched off "overflowmanagement: based on date of registration", because studies older than the stated number of days will be deleted automatically from your db.

Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!