Implementing CONQUEST and K-PACS

• Hello Every,
    I am fairly new to DICOM and K-PACS.

First of all congratulations on providing such a great software. We are a small medical imaging facility and thinking of using CONQUEST and K-PACS for our facility.

Here is our current situations and I hope you can guide us the right path. We have modalities such as Ultrasound and DEXA machines that are located in our facility. The referral physicians send us the patients who we scan. Once the patient is scanned we then have to push the images from the US unit via our separate work station to the Radiology Clinic. The radiologist facility who are located off site for FINAL READS.
    Here are my followings questions and c

1) What configuration would be the best where we can use both CONQUEST and K-PACS?

2) what way should the radiologist send us the FINAL READS to our site?

3) Is it possible our referral Physicians can view the images and read the final reads via the WEB or VPN?

4) Is it possible or do you think in future K-PACS will integrate Patient Scheduling, Billing, RIS etc. I can surley see a lot of potential in it.

Our objective is to make the process streamless as possible. Where the physician is able to view the images and final read in no time and can look at his/patients images and information remotely witout needing to come to the office.

I'd appreciate your advice, guidance and suggestions in this matter.

Thank you very much,

Best regards
    Taimoore

• Concerning your questions

1) What configuration would be the best where we can use both CONQUEST and K-PACS?
    I would prefer to use for conquest a server solution( I would recommend the dell poweredge with 2 GB ram ) and for k-pacs a seperate workstation with sufficient ram ( 1Gb at least) and a adaquate graca and Monitors, if you are reading CR

2) what way should the radiologist send us the FINAL READS to our site?
    VPN would be the best way to my mind

3) Is it possible our referral Physicians can view the images and read the final reads via the WEB or VPN?
    VPN, if you want to be on the safer side

4) Is it possible or do you think in future K-PACS will integrate Patient Scheduling, Billing, RIS etc. I can surley see a lot of potential in it.
    sure there is a lot of potential in it, but this depends on the developers if they want to implement these tools. Figuere, that they are doin this for nothing, there is al lot of work in that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!