KPACS Free Version

• Hello, I´m sorry to post my request in another topic.

I was searching for help with the installation of a KPACS version you have (the free one). I have install it on my server, the Query Network for Conquest is with the AE Title, Port all the parameters set. All data in the Conquest Server is place, giving Kpacs accesed to pull the database. When I hit the search button, immidiately the KPACS gives me the database list of my Conquest Server; but, when I click on a patient the program starts loading the images, and a new window appears, but only with the name of the patient and no images.
    The Kpacs has the Ok to pull the images from the Conquest. The only problem is that I can not see the images once I have the list of all the patients.

• Can I ask you if the K-PACS V1.6.0 DICOM Viewing Software (not the IQ...) is freeware, in this case. Because, I would like to have it for a some month and try it, before adquiring the IQ View...?

• There might be several reasons for this issue:

1. There might be a firewall, e.g. the Windows Firewall, enabled on your K-PACS station that will not allow incoming connections.
    2. You may check the log files of Conquest whether it indicates any problem with the transfer of your images to K-PACS.
    3. Also, check the configuration of the "Known DICOM providers" in Conquest. Your K-PACS must be configured there with its AET, IP, etc.

Regards,

Hagen

• The AE, port, etc... is ok. The log file in Conquest indicates that the transfer is ok. When you search with KPACS the data base, inmediately gives you all the list of patientes and the complete study, series and image liste. But, when I try to open a study, image or series, the window where you see them just gives me the name, no images are seen, and the Conquest log file says that the transfer is ok.
    We push images now from the ADW4.4 of GE to the KPACS, and we see that KPAC generates dcm and a bmp. This images I am able to see them, but not from the ones send to Conquest Server, which are uncompressed images with dcm extension.

• Can you enable the "Verbose mode" in K-PACS' Server Admin Tool and send/retrieve images from Conquest again?
    This mode will open a "Command Prompt" box and display the log of the incoming communication.

Check the log for errors or you may post it here in the forum in case it contains no confidential information.

• I place the Verbose mode. Shut the K server and re-initiated. A command prompt window is seen but no info is seen... just the cursor.
    This are the steps a did....
    I open KPACS.... and...

[APPLICATION] >> : All dialogs created successfully
    17/07/2009 9:20:40 ThreadID[APPLICATION] : session started
    [DLL Manager] >> : Vendor.dll loaded successfully
    [VERSION CHECK] >> : DICOMDLL.dll version is 2.55.0.0
    [VERSION CHECK] >> : Codec.dll version is 2.5.0.3
    [VERSION CHECK] >> : DBREGISTRATION.dll version is 2.0.0.30
    [VERSION CHECK] >> : IQ.dll version is 1.2.0.1
    [VERSION CHECK] >> : k-pacs.exe version is 1.6.0.3
    [Start Process] >> : reading server configuration
    [Start Process] >> : Start reading configuration from INI file.
    [INI Process] >> : Export settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Custom settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Twain settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Mail settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Print settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Additional settings read successfully
    [INI Process] >> : Orex settings read successfully
    [Start Process] >> : reading configuration from INI file finished successfully
    17/07/2009 9:20:45 ThreadID[SERVER] : server already running with AET "KPServer" listening on port 104
    17/07/2009 9:21:27 ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on STUDY level with CONQUESTSRV1 initiated.
    [0] >> : c-Find association with CONQUESTSRV1 opened
    [0] >> : c-Find request processed
    [0] >> : c-Find association with CONQUESTSRV1 closed
    17/07/2009 9:21:27 ThreadID[0] : Closed.Task processed successfully
    [SERVER Control] >> : C:\KPacs\K-PACS-Server\KPServer.exe
    [SERVER Control] >> : 17/07/2009 9:26:11: Trying to re-start dead server
    17/07/2009 9:26:11 ThreadID[SERVER] : server with AET "KPServer" started listening on port 104
    [SERVER] >> : imagebox directory is C:\KPacs\Imagebox\

Now this is what the log gives me once i open an images directly from the conquest server

7/07/2009 9:32:01 ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on STUDY level with CONQUESTSRV1 initiated.
    17/07/2009 9:32:01 ThreadID[0] : Closed.Task processed successfully
    17/07/2009 9:32:15 ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on SERIES level with CONQUESTSRV1 initiated.
    17/07/2009 9:32:15 ThreadID[0] : Closed.Task processed successfully
    17/07/2009 9:35:06 ThreadID[684] : Retrieving images from CONQUESTSRV1 started
    [684] >> : c-move request for SeriesInstanceUID: 1.2.840.113619.2.55.3.1319680.935.1247665077.352 initated
    [684] >> : c-move request successfull.
    17/07/2009 9:35:07 ThreadID[684] : Closed.Task processed successfully

... But no image is seen.

Something I saw is that I can see Kpacs server folders push to the imagebox. In the databese I see an L in the column of Status. But when I see the list of the Conquest server folders, no "L" is seen. also I noted that the Kpacs makes a double copy in the folder... one with dcm extension and one with bmp. Does the kpacs reads only bmp's, or it can read any dcm compressed or uncompressed?
    I have been sending the same studies to the conquest and kpac server, to see what happens, and... I can only see the kpacs, not conquest images...
    By the way, thanks for helping me...

• Does the "Command Prompt" box display nothing at all after retrieving (or trying to) images from Conquest?
    This would indicate a configuration problem at the Conquest server, because basically when you retrieve images with K-PACS from Conquest, the Conquest server will send the images to K-PACS.

You may try to add the "-d" parameter to the field "Additional parameters" in the server admin tool and you may also increase the Conquest log level.

According to the log, the MOVE request finished successfully, but nothing arrives in your K-PACS - but has probably been sent to another station...
    Please double-check the configuration of K-PACS in Conquest.

The "L" represents local studies. So, all entries in the local imagebox should have it. In case a studie that is available in Conquest and K-PACS, the "L" will also be displayed in the list of results of a query. No "L" means that this specific study is not in K-PACS' imagebox.

K-PACS will read/use the DICOM "dcm" files, the "bmp" files are for the preview functions.

• Dear friend,
    I make it work! It was just the port... we were using the 5678 port of the conquest, and we change it in the ACRNEMA.MAP to 104 and now we can retrieve the images...
    Thanks for that...

I want to ask you... in the kpacs web page, it mentioned a free Dicom viewer... it says that here in the forum I could find it. Is that the same software I am using or is another one... I would like to try it out!

And one more question... do you have any aknowledgement, of a dicom web based, with Kpacs?

• Thanks for your advice!
    If not to much, do you have experience on trying to push back a study from KPACs server or from a Conquest server back to a ADW4.4 Workstation from GE?
    We have one, and from that station I send all images to the KPACs imagebox and to the Conquest server, with no problem. But, when I request the list of the Servers I can retrieve the database... ID patiente, name, ID study, type of study... but when I try to pull back the images to the Workstation, I get a message...
    See if the disk space is not full or the images is not supported...
    I would appreciate your opinion...
    Again, thanks for helping me on the first part...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!