How do Conquest works?

• Hallo,

i'm new to the pacs world.
    I found a Conquest server working on windows on an existing setup. The actual user, uses it just as a storage media for a Toshiba T.A.C. machine.
    I'd like to migrate this setup on linux, adding few php scripts to correctly handle the patients database, but i was unable to get dgate working on my linux laptop.

I just cloned the network setup (Ip, Mask) and connected it to the tac. I setup basically only the networking part, leaving the setup file AS-IS.
    I can see the tcp flux, the tac machine handshakes with conquest, but is unable to send any file, giving a supposingly meaningless numeric error.

My question is:
    Is there a real setup guide?
    What would i read to understand how a pacs server works?

I'm newbie both to medical equipment and pacs world, so please lead me to some usefull documentation...

Thanks in advance.

Luca

• Hi
    First of all I would download the Conquest package and read the manual :-).
    After that I wouzld setup a test machine with a running Conquest server and on or two Client programs Kpacs or Efilm, on this setup
    u can play and see how things work.
    PACS systems a very complicated, DICOM is even more :-) and I for sure cannot explain how they work in detail.

However if u would give us the error message ID u get it would help to figure out the problem.

U said u cloned network settungs, by that I would guess u mean the IP. For a working DICOM connecten, in your case TAC and Conquest, u need 2 more things:
    AE Title ("name" of a DICOM communicating program)
    Port number

Each of the above have to be entered into the two communicating software, so that every program knows "how to talk to the other".
    greetz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!