Web Client

• Relocating the office, the CR unit is now too far away to walk to every time I want to look at an exam. I would like to have a web client set up from a remote computer in my office where I can look at patient images and not have an image data base on this remote computer. As for viewing, all I need are the simple tools, mag, W/L, measure, rotate, just basic stuff. The free download of KPacs has all I need. Can KPacs be used as a web client? If not is there something out there that I can use with Kpacs to accomplish my project.

As a last resort, and this can't be accomplished with KPacs, is there a product that can provide the function we are looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

• K-PACS is a workstation application and does not work as web client. Reading your post there may be different approaches to fulfill your needs.
    1. Remote desktop solution: use K-PACS on a computer near the CT and connect to that machine using a remote desktop solution (Microsoft Remotedesktop - comes with XP,Vista; Web based solutions like LogMeIn.com, GoToMyPC.com and so on). Disadvantage is a limited resolution, speed and display quality.
    2. Transfer the images from the CT location to your K-PACS at home via internet and VPN. Disadvantage: complicated to set up
    3. Use a PACS with Web access on the CT site. Conquest provides such a web client (free software; web client is based on K-PACS ;)). The commercial product is iQ-WEB.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!