IQVIEW Sending Images in single mode association

• Hello, i am trying IQVIEW 2.1 and 2.5, i need to send studys from IQVIEW to other SCP, the scp receive all the images but it doesn't know wich image is the last one because IQVIEW send 1 image per association.
    (The other way is send all the study in 1 association, so when the association is closed the scp can assume the transfer is complete)

IQVIEW send some dicom message to tell the SCP that the transfer is complete? (Or the image is the last one of a specific study UID)

Thanks in advance.

Andres

• You can control if K-PACS/iQ-VIEW sends all images within one association or spawns a new association for each image. Check the parameter "SendMultipleFilesInOneAssociation" within the iq-view.ini/k-pacs.ini file. Set the paramter to '1' to send all in one.

• Ok, with this option enabled is better:
    SendMultipleFilesInOneAssociation=1

but IQVIEW send one Serie per assocciation, so if a study has more than one serie, i have the same problem again.

Thanks,

Andres.

• Yes, understand ... but DICOM defines that a study may have different kind of series (like e.g. MR and CT SOP classes). Therefore iQ-VIEW needs to have a comlex strategy to determine which series are of the same kind and which could be sent within the same association. I guess that is not implemented. But I am not involved in the DICOM SCU part of K-PACS/iQ-VIEW.

Maybe Rafael or Andreas can say more about it ...

• This is not an IQ-View problem, but how the DICOM standard is designed.
    You open an association and you can send whatever you want over it.
    Is the SCP responsability to know how to handle this.

You can check DICOM Part 7 about this subject.

Regards, Rafael.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!