External Storage

• Thanks for previous advice re download issues - it looks like we have beaten the problem - helped by another 1gb memory.

Given the limited storage capacity of the notebook, we wish to copy non-current studies to an external hard disk (USB connection). We would like to be able to revisit these cases in the future if necessary.

I can see how this can be done by copying and pasting folders at the Windows level.

But it would be more helpful if we could do this from within K-pacs.

I have explored the K-pacs export and import functions but this does not seem to deliver the required results.

When I use either, I cannot navigate to the required directory on the external drive.

Please advise how I can achieve this transfer to external drive and future retrieval or access of specific patient folders.

Thanks

Norm H

• Please advise if you can offer advice on the query below

:?: :(

• I recommend to use Conquest for this issue. Put it on the external drive and start it from there. Do not use the NTService option for the Conquest server. Configure the communication between both, K-PACS and Conquest, and you have a simple offline archive. the good is you use the native DICOM functions store, query and retrieve.

• Thank you for this recommendation.

I have little knowledge of DICOM products so I would be grateful if you could direct me to more detailed instructions to perform the installation that you have recommended.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!