Key shortcuts and other ideas

• I just started playing with K-PACS today - WOW! Great job on this.

Are there keyboard shortcuts for the various image tools in the viewer? Of course, with eFilm I got used to the doal mouse button (R for window/level, L for move through images). IF there are already key shortcuts, can you put them in the tooltips for those button (or printed directly on the buttons), and if not, I might suggest F-keys as being easier to use than key combinations.

What are your long term plans for this app? Do you see it being open source, or eventually going commercial as eFilm did? Or just staying free and closed source?

--Dennis

• Hi Dennis,

yes, shortcuts are definitely worth a thought. Currently there are non implemented but user definable F-keys are a good idea.
    I am considering to move windowing to the middle mouse button. In case the mouse has none, the user can switch to windowing via the toolbar.

regards,
    Andreas

Ps.: have a look at my homepage http://www.k-pacs.net. There is a notice on the upcomming commercial version. A lite version with all neccessary features will stay freeware, some part's might even become open source.

• Hi,

i think a more flexible way of implementing user-definable hotkeys would be to store the mapping in a config file, and also allow any key to be mapped to a specific function. Because our surgeons want to operate k-pacs via a wireless presenter device which merely has a LEFT-, RIGHTARROW and F5 key (for starting ppt's...).
    But due to the fact that the former post already covers the F5 key this approach would also be convenient.
    Having a free mapping would just be "nicer" ;-)

have a nice day!
    Dominik

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!