Mouse action in Move-Zoom mode

• I've had KPACS V1.5 running on a Dell Computer XP SP3 for some years now. Recently I upgraded the hardware to a new Dell Computer, but kept XP SP3 to minimize compatibility problems. KPACS is working fine on the new machine with one exception: when displaying an image in Move-Zoom mode, I can drag the image downward just fine, but the functionality in dragging the image upward is gimpy: the mouse cursor moves up smoothly, but the image lags way behind, moving up only a few pixels. If I move the mouse cursor over to the side and try zooming, it's the same story: drag the mouse down and the image shrinks appropriately. Drag the mouse up, and it grows only by tiny increments. Exactly how much the image move/zooms is somewhat inconsistent: sometimes hardly at all; sometimes 20% or so of what it should be.

Has anybody else seen this problem? It doesn't seem hardware or mouse-driver related, as the mouse cursor is consistently moving up and down just fine. I tried substituting a wired mouse for the wireless mouse, to no avail.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!