connect to network pacs

• The DICOM server of iQ-VIEW/K-PACS has an verbose mode (runs in dos box). You can enable the verbose mode in the "Server Administration" by stopping the server, enable "verbose" and start it again. There is also a "debug" option that can be enabled with the additional parameter "-d".
    Please, post here what you get as output in the dos box.

• i am aware of the verbose mode. when i do start it, a dos box shows up, but nothing happens in it.

however, it did save the error to a log file.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
    {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green128\blue0;\red255\green0\blue0;}
    \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf1\f0\fs16 *******************************************************
    \par \cf2 1/28/2008 1:51:05 PM ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on STUDY level with PACSERVER initiated.
    \par \cf1 *******************************************************
    \par [0] >> : c-Find association with PACSERVER opened
    \par [0] >> : c-Find request processed
    \par [0] >> : c-Find association with PACSERVER closed
    \par *******************************************************
    \par \cf3 1/28/2008 1:51:05 PM ThreadID[0] : Closed.
    \par Task processed with errors
    \par \cf0
    \par }
    this is what happens no matter what pacs server i go to.

• Well, it looks like the query (c-find) failed. Did you check the "Log DICOM communication" checkbox in the log window? if not, please do so (requires "Debug" level) and repeat the query. Now, the logs should contain more information about the query arguments and the reason why it failed (you can post it here or send it to me if it contains private information)

Btw.: what pacs systems did you queried against? They have to support the Study Level Query Retrieve Information Model. You will find this information in the DICOM Conformance Statement of the systems.

Regards,
    Andreas

• here is the log. the pacs software is Cedera.

\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
    {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green128\blue0;\red0\green0\blue128;\red255\green0\blue0;}
    \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf1\f0\fs16 *******************************************************
    \par \cf2 1/29/2008 11:43:12 AM ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on STUDY level with PACSERVER initiated.
    \par \cf3 [DICOM SCU] >> : Connected to: 72.45.147.190:104
    \par [DICOM SCU] >> : Item Type: 2
    \par [DICOM SCU] >> : Association Accept::ReadDynamic
    \par [DICOM SCU] >> : Presentation Context Accept, Transfer Syntax: 1.2.840.10008.1.2
    \par \cf1 [0] >> : c-Find association with PACSERVER opened
    \par [0] >> : c-Find request processed
    \par [0] >> : STATUS: $0000
    \par \cf4 1/29/2008 11:43:13 AM ThreadID[0] : Closed.
    \par \cf0
    \par }

thanks.

also trying with a SEIMANS that is using "magicstore" now. my pacs (cedera) and viewer from them (ireach) can query. the pacs side can retrieve study by study, but i want to use k-pacs to retreive theirs, not the cedera software as i do not want to retrieve into my pacs, just using the query/move so off site rads can read.

they use one port for query (50082) and a different one for retrieve (50090). can this be handled by k-pacs or iq-view?

this is the error log i get with that one:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil MS Sans Serif;}}
    {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green128\blue0;\red0\green0\blue128;\red255\green0\blue0;}
    \par \cf2 1/29/2008 11:56:33 AM ThreadID[0] : C-Find request on STUDY level with 001SBMOT01DPQR initiated.
    \par \cf3 [DICOM SCU] >> : Connected to: 172.16.160.202:50082
    \par [DICOM SCU] >> : Item Type: 3
    \par [DICOM SCU] >> : Association Rejected...
    \par \cf1 [0] >> : c-Find association with 001SBMOT01DPQR rejected
    \par \cf4 1/29/2008 11:56:33 AM ThreadID[0] : Closed.
    \par \cf0
    \par }

• Quote from AndreasKnopke

Well, it looks like the query (c-find) failed...

Btw.: what pacs systems did you queried against? They have to support the Study Level Query Retrieve Information Model. You will find this information in the DICOM Conformance Statement of the systems.

I also have this problem of getting certain c-find associations to work.

I can not get a study list.

I'm connecting to a GE Senographe DS and according to the DICOM Conformance Statement it supports "Study Root Query/Retrieve Information Model". Slightly different verbage but seems like the same thing?

I have tried other GE devises without problem.

• Quote from pmstacey

i am aware of the verbose mode. when i do start it, a dos box shows up, but nothing happens in it.

The verbose mode is for the server part (SCP) of iQ-VIEW/K-PACS. Only, when receiving data (like images sent from the PACS) log information will show up in the DOS box.

Status $0000 means query finished (successfully). So there is either no match within the database or a problem with the query itself.

Quote from pmstacey

they use one port for query (50082) and a different one for retrieve (50090). can this be handled by k-pacs or iq-view?

K-PACS/iQ-VIEW can handle this. You need to define two different AE and use one to retrieve the study list (query) and switch to the other to retrieve the images.

The association is rejected. This usually means that the calling AE (K-PACS/iQ-VIEW) is not known to the system, the calling AE has no access right or the requested presentation context is not supported.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!