CAD Markings

• Hello Andreas,

We are moving into Digital Mammo with CAD. I have the option of reading both Digital Mammo and the CAD images within our Centricity PACS on our RA1000. However, We may not want to permanently store CAD for legal reasons. I am thinking of sending the CAD images to a separate KPACS/IQview Workstation where they can be reviewed. (We are too cheap to buy a CAD workstation) Will KPACS handle Dicom 6000 overlays, or Structured Reports? Or will I have to send the CAD images as a screenshots??

Chad

• We have now installed Digital Mammo and KPACS/IQview handle the dicom 6000 CAD markings when toggling the bitmap overlay. (Is there a hot key for that?)

Anyway, we use IQview to burn CDs for Patients...the default is that the CAD makings(bitmap overlay) are on and are the first thing they see... We really do not want them to see the CAD at all or at least not first. Can I change this somehow so the Bitmap overlay does not default "on" just for the IQview lite?

• Yes, this can be done.

You have to create a text file, call it "lite.ini" and copy it into the iQ-View folder. This file will be copied onto each CD automatically. This text file should contain this text:

[CustomSettings]
    ShowBitmapOverlays=0

1 means Bitmap overlay display on and 0 means off.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!