Posts by jeffbellamy

I wouldn't expect every write to be verified given that we average 2000 images per CT study. But maybe a file exists check once per new study or something similarly low cost. Just a thought.

Our server was restarted and for some random reason the mapped drive (a raid NAS) that we use for Conquest to store images did not get restored. Conquest happily kept reporting that studies were being written to the destination directory but in fact they weren't. This was verified by the existence of entries in the database that pointed to non-existent patient files. Nothing has been lost as we have several short term alternate storage mechanisms in place but still it doesn't inspire confidence.

Is this a bug?

Just to let anyone who is interested know. It is possible to write a simple bridging program that populates the Conquest worklist table directly.
    For our company I wrote a little program to pull the necessary data from our non-compliant software and directly insert it into the dicomworklist table.
    Conquest hasn't had any problems as yet and the worklist is functional on our GE 7, 9 and V730.

So if anyone else has a need for automatic insertion of a current worklist so that Conquest can dish it out then it's worth the time to build the necessary software.

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the reply and don't take the test out. I have mistakenly assumed the images sent were 16 bit. I have since changed the transfer syntax on the necessary machines and all works as expected.

No big drama with regard to the NAS write problem when run as a service. It works fine when run as an application.

This is a fantastic piece of software. Keep up the good work!

I'm running Server 2003 and MSSQL2005 and am getting the 'JPEG Compression only supported for 16 bits data' error even though all settings appear to be correct. Do I have to manually edit anything for it to work or is this a 2003 specific bug?

Also like a previous post I too cannot write to our NAS when the Conquest server is run as a service even after changing logons etc as suggested. Any further headway with that problem?

Both problems occur with 1.4.12c and 1.4.13Beta versions.

thanks

jeff