Posts by Joens

Hi Marcel

Thanks a lot for your help.
    I'm new to Conquest, but I think I understand what you are telling me.
    Unfortunately it doesn't sound to me like I can achieve the functionality I need.

The ultrasound (a Hitachi Preirus) has very limited dicom functionality, not a lot I can change.
    It only accepts incoming connections after a query is made, and then only from the same AE as the query was made to.
    And I do need worklist and store as well.

The system is used without the need for Q/R most of the time, and the solution has to be completely transparent for the users.
    A few times a day they need to get CT or MRI images from the PACS to the ultrasound for a function called RVS.
    As it is now they save the needed studies to USB and imports them from there, but that's not very elegant.

The Q/R functionality is called from within the RVS software and the only configuration I have found is the very basic, IP, port and AE.
    They make the query on patient ID - gets a list where they select the relevant number of slices - then nothing happens because the Q/R server asks the PACS to push the images, and therefore the AE is not the same, so the ultrasound waits until timeout.

Do you see anyway I could use Conquest to make this work ?

I really appreciate your time, it saves me a lot of wasted effort.

Thanks again.
    Joens

Hi there ...

I have what I think is a simple problem, and I hope Conquest can help me solve it.

I have an ultrasound scanner that makes Q/R, but only accepts incoming connections from the same AE as the Query is made to.
    The PACS on the other hand will return the requested images from the same IP but with a different AE.

What i need is a script that forwards Worklist and Store uncanged.
    The Query part should also be unchanged.
    But the incoming connection (push from PACS) should have the AE changed.

I can change any setting on the ultrasound - but has no access at all to the PACS configuration, just have to work with it as it is.
    Conquest will be running on a dedicated Windows server with two NIC's - so it will be used as a Dicom gateway.
    No local storage - so I have installed it with default settings.

Does this make sense, and is it as simple as I assume ?
    I hope somebody has done something like it - or parts of it - and can post some scrips I could learn from.

Thanks,
    Joens.