Posts by CompassConsulting

Thank you very much for the information Sabine, This answers my questions. We did have a PACS server but our local reseller sort've dropped the ball and did no sort of testing during installation so now months down the road we are finding transfers to PACS have not been occuring since Day 1. We are not using PACS how a normal medical facility would, iQ-VIEW more than suits our needs and meshes very well into our current infrastructure so far, PACS is just intended for far more than we would ever use. But I will definitely keep your recommendations in mind should we find a need for the added features.

Hello,
    Apologies if I am posting in the wrong area. Recently we had a user who thought it was a bright idea to delete files from the local server directory (In our case C:\Program Files (x86)\iQ-VIEW\Server\Database\*) in order to clear some space. While researching this I found a directory (C:\ProgramData\DICOMReader\temp*) which has many folders with 8 digit numbers. Within each of these folders I find files with the same names as the folders in the server database location but instead of folders, they are files with a '.2' file extension.

I noticed that the temp folder is 1.2TB in size and the server database is 546GB (after user deleting files) If I am correct this temp folder is where everything gets stored after the DicomReader scans files but before it is imported into the database. My questions are as follows:

1. Is there any way to recover the deleted data from these .2 files?
    2. Since this data does not seem to be used at all after the import to the database, can we delete the data in the temp directory to clear up space without harming the real data and functionality of iQ-View?