Posts by jmd

Dear Marcel,
    Switching to maxPDU 64 kb works fine with 1.14.17c ! Using C-Store, I was able to archive two large DX studies that were always rejected by older conquest versions.

Thanks again !!!

Dear Marcel,

I have applied the changes as suggested and compiled again, it works fine, I tried a few common modalities and images without any trouble.
    Now I need to check the C-Store from the exotic modality and see the behavior.

Have a nice day.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your instant reply !!
    In fact I use the linux version, but anyway I think I need to set up again a server for testing, so ok I can try it on windows (it will be a x64) if this is easier for you.

It occurs only with the same vendor in case of large batch of 20+ DX images. In the past I tried the 1.14.16k in lab and was not succesful, I don't find back other comments. As a workaround I was only able to solve it by putting a gateway in between, 'just' increasing the PDU. But I'm forced now to find a real fix, I'm ready to dig in :o)

Why not setting it higher by default ? I googled it and the first answer was "If you have performance issues, set the value higher to make the transfers faster. For example, some modalities prefer a larger PDU size, such as 64K instead of the default 16K" (dcm4che)

Best regards,
    jim

Dear Marcel,

Sorry to come back on this topic I originally started, I still have issues with some specificic modalities, and I'm not always able to reproduce... I tried several times to work with the vendor, but he cannot provide any solution (I talked with the development team also).

So, in the past I used Conquest 1.4.14 and it looks like the max PDU size is set to 16kb, this is definitely the root cause of the trouble.
    I tried also with 1.4.16k without any progress. As the server is used in a production environment, I cannot play with the system...

Can you tell me if 1.4.17b could help ? I need to configure Conquest to accept 64kb, this solves all my problems. I have browsed the forum, no luck.

Again, thanks for the great work !

Best regards,
    jim