Posts by Lancefman

So when the dcm gets sent from clinical express to K-pacs the sopid is used for the folder name? and you can't change that? i dont care what the file name is, i just want to change the folder for when the client takes the hard drive back to their server they will know who is who and import it.

Does anyone know where i can edit the folder naming? Is there an .ini file that i can edit so the folder looks like this Patient Last, First name Record Number and date of birth? thanks for the help.

Hello Everyone,

I am running the current version of K-PACS. I also have the current Vidar 5.2 twain drivers. This is what is happening, I click on import and the import window pops up. From there I click on the TWAIN source button. It opens the Select Source box.
    I have 3 options, 2 of them are for my brother printer, the other source is the VIDAR TWAIN32 version 5.2.1 1.0 (32-32). Once I select it, an error window pops up stating that "Unable to find a VIDAR Film Digitizer scanner." Once I click OK, the error pop up disappears. I click on the TWAIN Select button again and a new error window pops up stating "VScanner Source Error (Title) General faliure in response to MSG_DISABLEDS. DG DAT MSG is out of expected sequence." I click on OK and it repeats the first error again. at this point i have to force close K-PACS. any ideas on what i need to fix or change???

Thank You.

Hello Marcel,

What would I use to put all of those into 1 folder name? The folder would look like this Doe, John 00123234 19821203, inside this folder is the patients dcm.

Thanks
    Lance

Good Morning Marcel,

I was looking at that yesterday but am slightly confuse on if i can make my own naming setup or modify an existing one. something that has Last name, First Name, Patient ID, then the patients Date of birth. i need this for the job i am working on thank you.

Lance

Afternoon Marcel,

Ok so here is an update of what is going on. The client came by and dropped off a Drobo 5N ( here is a link to it http://www.drobo.com/products/professionals/drobo-5n/</a> ). So what it looks like what I am going to do is this, run Clinical Express 5.0 for my scanning, run K-Pacs for Q.C. and run ConQuest Server to put the studies on the Drobo 5N. Now my only question is when the studies are sent to the ConQuest server, the programs makes folders in the database based off of the Patient ID or Medical Record Number. Is there a way to have ConQuest server put the Patients Name (Last name, First name), Medical Record Number, and Date of Birth?

Thanks,
    Lance

Hello All,

I work at a company that is digitizing / scanning old x-ray films for a couple clients. Right now I dont have a PACS server setup for storing the studies yet, I am just using K-PACS as a hold over point. This is how I am working, I scan in the x-rays with Clinical Express 5.0 then send them to K-Pacs. This is were i do my final Q.C. checks to make sure that the MDR #, Patients name, date of birth and study description is correct. Now from here I kinda get lost.

What i want to do is be able to send it to the ConQuest server then once the true PACS server comes in send it from ConQuest to the clients PACS server. As of this point right now I dont know what PACS server / program the client has on the computer / server. Now if they bring me a server / computer that just has a Windows Server OS on it what would my options be?

I know that i should have 5TB of storage but other info is still unknown. As for what I am scanning it is about 1000 Linear Feet. With some tests that i have ran a 14 x 17 film uncompressed scans in at 10-12MB, the amount of films can vary per study as well as studies per medical jacket. Now I know that K-Pacs has a Viewable Limit of 20,000 images in the interface with a hardware limited database as for ConQuest I am unsure because I have read that the "Built-in Database has a 1.5 GB storage", the "Built-in SqLite is 0.7GB", the MsSQL 2008 is 0.77GB", the "MySQL MyISAM is 0.39GB", the "MySQL INNODB is 0.89GB", the "Postgres is 0.7GB", the "Ms Access is 8GB", and the "NULL is not available". How big was one of the images being tested? Are the database numbers above solid or can the database be 4TB in size? I want to be able to let the client know ahead of time if i am going to need more hard drive space before getting to far into the project.

Now if the client does have a PACS server on the computer / server, can I send what I have in ConQuest server to the PACS server or should i just send it from K-Pacs?

Thanks for the help,
    Lance

P.S. My company is new to the X-ray scanning scene.

Thank you Miss Sabine Stridde.

I work at a document storage company and right now we are digitally backing up a couple of our clients x-ray film collections. Our company is new to this and I am the one trying to learn how everything is going together. Example teleradiology software (clinical express 5.0) to mock pacs server / temp holding spot (KPACS) then to clients choice of storage (unknown yet). Our issue right now is that Clinical Express 5.0 database size is capped at 10GB (uncompressed scans), and that the database can not be moved, imported, or exported. Only import allowed is from Dicom cd/dvd's. From what I have come to understand is that each program that does the scanning or digitizing of the x-rays produces a proprietary file naming structure or convention. So what i am trying to achieve or gain is that I can send the scanned films from Clinical Express to KPACS to hold till the client figures out what they want to do, so I can continue to scan the inventory size down. Once they deliver their server / system to us i can send the KPACS database to the clients server with ease. I am just hoping that there will be no issues sending the database from KPACS to the clients server / system.

Thanks Again.
    Lance

i did searching and my keywords were too common. i went through all of this forum and have come to the conclusion that k-pacs database is hardware limited. So if i have 6 TB then my database is 6 TB.