Posts by Burwell40

I want to stop all PR modality images from being forwarded (or even stored by Conquest for that matter).
    What might an import or export filter look like that would forward all modalities except PR. Bear in mind that the problem studies are MR's with PR's mixed in.

Mike.

I added both 8 bit and 16 bit.

When I drag and drop, Conquest seems to handle it. Once I get it into Conquest by drag and drop, I can dicom send to another node that will display the opthalmic images. I wonder if it's a problem transfer syntax or something that keeps Conquest from receiving these images? I'm scratching my head.

Trying to send a retinal image from a ToppCon camera to Conquest server.
    I added the class below to the dgatesop.lst.
    [1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.77.1.5.1] # 32, 1 MediaStorageSOPClassUID

This is the sop for Opthalmic Photography 8 bit storage.

When I try to send these images to Conquest, I the following...

*** Association rejected: you may need to add the listed presentation context as sop to dgatesop.lst

Anyone have a thought?

Marcel, I tried your method and it worked wonderfully, thanks again.

Now I have a trickier request. We have a need to send studies to an off-site provider for interpretation. This provider looks for a value in a certain DICOM tag to determine the customer demographics. When we had just one facility sending to the provider, all was well. Now, however, we have multiple facilities wanting to send to this provider.

Is it possible to filter studies based on the above tag (requestingservice), and, based on that value, change the value of another DICOM tag, then export to the outgoing server?

I know it seems like a crazy request, but our needs are kind of specific and a vendor has left us hanging without a good solution.

Mike.

I was able to get it to work by adding the dicom tag to dicom.sql.

After that, it worked as I expected. However, I don't feel confident in the integrity of my method. I'm going to try yours as it seem simpler.

Thanks so much for the prompt response!

Mike.

Would like to create routing rule to foward to other servers based on requestingservice
    I've tried various settings. I'm using the Borland Database Engine which may be part of the problem, eh? Anyway, using the below settings sends all studies to all targets (i.e. 'L/' studies get sent to all four servers)

ForwardAssociationLevel = STUDY
    ForwardAssociationCloseDelay = 5
    ForwardAssociationRefreshDelay = 3600
    ForwardAssociationRelease = 0

ExportConverters = 4

ExportFilter0 = RequstingService LIKE 'L/' ExportConverter0 = forward to L_MAC
    ExportFilter1 = RequstingService LIKE 'O/' ExportConverter1 = forward to O_MAC
    ExportFilter2 = RequstingService LIKE 'D/'
    ExportConverter2 = forward to D_MAC
    ExportFilter3 = RequstingService LIKE 'K/'
    ExportConverter3 = forward to K_CNQ

I'm trying to forward to 4 devices.
    Here's what I have for a rule...
    ForwardAssociationLevel = IMAGE
    ExportConverters = 1
    ExportCallingAE0 = VISTA_QR_SCU
    EXPORTMODALITY0 = CT
    EXPORTCONVERTER0 = forward to IOW_CTSW1_PHI;IOW_SRV01_BRI;IOW_WS01_VIT;IOW_WS02_VIT

I get this error message
    ***Exportconverter0: Spawning 'IOW_CTSW1_PHI' failed (argv=C:\dicomgateway\data\

It will only send to two devices. If I rearrange the order of devices in the rule, it will send to the other devices. Any ideas?

I thought I had it figured out, but...
    I want all CT's to go to WS01 and WS01
    I want just the Cardiac CTA's to go to WS04. However, when I send a non-cardiac study which does not have "CARD" in the protocol description, it still sends to WS04. I'm perplexed. Below are my settings.

ForwardAssociationLevel = IMAGE
    ExportConverters = 2
    EXPORTMODALITY0 = "CT"
    EXPORTCONVERTER0 = forward to IOW_WS01_VIT; forward to IOW_WS02_VIT
    ExportFilter1 = ProtocolName contains 'CARD'
    ExportConverter1 = forward to IOW_WS04_VIT

I'm interested in creating a routing rule to send Cardiac CTA's arriving from our scanner to a selected 3D recon box. I've found that throughout all series abtained, the Study Description contains "CARD CTA" but has additional descriptive text beyond that such as "CARD CTA 0%" or CARD CTA 80%"
    In testing, I can get the forward to happen with the EXACT text of the StudyDescription but not with partial entry of Study Description. Is there a command that will look for a text string WITHIN the Study Description?
    Here's what I tried below.

ExportCallingAE3 = IOW_SRV01_BRI
    ExportFilter3 = StudyDescription LIKE 'CARD CTA'
    ExportConverter3 = forward to IOW_DVR4_RIS