Posts by Flyboy

No problem, anyone is free to help, or I'll gladly wait until next week.
    Local1 isn't going to run out of space for another 3 to 4 weeks, so not that urgent.

En mijn ouders zijn hier in de VS op bezoek uit Belgie voor een week, geen antwoord op deze vragen betekent ook dat ik er 's avonds niet aan moet werken :D

Hey Guys,

I just inherited the administration of a couple conquest servers and had some questions about the way things are set up and if there is a better way of doing things.
    We have 3 locations, all with multiple machines sending images to a local server (let's call them local1, local2, local3)
    Every night a script is running on each of those servers, that will query the SQL server for the images of the day, and through command line with moveseries put a copy on our central archive server.
    local1 is quickly running out of space and the advise I got from my predecessor is to create a script that will select old images through the sql database and delete them then of the hard drive if needed

local1 has a fast connection with vpn's to the 2 other locations and the archiveserver
    local2 and local3 are on a bit slower connections, also with vpn's to the archiveserver

Reading through the manual, I came across a couple options that I think might make my life easier and wanted to confirm this before putting them in place.

1) is there a way of making sure all images from one server are also on a second archive server?

2) would it be possible to stop the nightly script to archive our images on the archive server if we put mirrordevices in place?
    2a) How long can the queue get and is there a need to doublecheck this with a different script?
    2b) According to my predecessor, this method was unreliable and there is a chance this corrupts images. If this ever was so, is this still the case?

3) to prevent us from manually deleting anything, can I set up nightlymovetarget to be the same archive server just to make sure we have a copy before removing anything?
    3a) if that would work, and the vpn between the 2 locations is slow or down, would this queue up or fail?

So my configuration would be as follows (if everything above is possible)

Code
    # Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = E:\SSImages\
    MIRRORDevice0 = \\archiveserver\images\
    MAGDevice1 = \\archiveserver\images\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    NightlyMoveTreshold = 10240
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAGDevice1

4) all servers only have 1 MAG for now, this because I've been told adding a second one will decrease performance enormous. Is this true and if it is, will performance across multiple mags be an issue if we have 4 mags of 10 TB?

Thanks