Posts by ward099

Hello, I have had a problem with the 1.01 version of k-pacs. I am importing from a twain source film digitizer. When I scan the film in the image does not appear on the import image bar. I hit the file icon then the image appears. When I try to import another image, to the same file , the program locks up. The only way I can import more than one image is to scan with the twain, close the scanner, hit the ctrl,alt , del keys. This brings up task manager. Instead of closing the task I just close the task manager. This will bring an image on to the import bar. I then need to open the twain again, scan another film then do the ctrl, alt, del then open the task manager, again , then close the task manager. I have to do this for every image to be scanned. Once the images are on the bar I can create dicoms sucessfully.
    I am using win xp with sp2. :?

Using an Adeptek HD50 SCSI model @ AHA-2940AU. The Vidar install manual goes through the editing of the SCSI bios . The scsi card thinks it is driving a hard drive and you need to configure the card bios, by hitting "ctrl A" when the computer boot up senses the scsi card. Again the manual for the scanner should have the exact instructions for configuring the scsi card. The download section at vidar has the manuals.

Hello! I have recently loaded K-Pacs on a Computer hooked to a Cobrascan 312T film digitizer. The customer lost their software key from Cobrascan and wanted to try this route. The digitizer control pannel opens fine and runs the digitizer ok. When I have scanned the image I close the digitizer control box. There is the start of a progress meter for importing the film to the converter file but no progress bar. After a breif moment I hit the file icon and the image appears on the upper box and main box of the Dicom creator. I can then do a dicom create with sucess. When I did a Vidar scanner the import would do several images and allow me to do them all in a dicom format. When I attempt to do a second image in, on the cobrascan 312T, the K-pacs program freezes up. When I hit the Ctrl,Alt,Del, for the task monitor , the second image appears but the controls for the dicom creator are locked out. I have to restart K-pacs to resume the import. The Dicom creator program will only let me do one image at a time then I have to quit K-Pacs and restart to do a second film. I am using Win XP Pro. Any Ideas?

Hello! I have K-pacs doing mutipul films on a vidar scanner! I am using Windows 2000 Pro. The latest version of k-Pacs required some dll files to work right, the k-pacs install program required it. I had to download the latest Adeptek hd50 scsi drivers, for AHA-290AU scsi controller. I also downloaded the vidar scanners twain driver from Vidar. The rest fell into place. I have not tried it on Windows XP.