Posts by jerrycanxyz

How to import a dicom study into kpacs has been discussed on the forum as a sticky.

How does one add or merge an imported dicom study to an existing dicom study?

Thanks

Andreas,

First, thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, I can merge cases.

Two, I've noticed that if I merge a jpeg image of a study report with say an US, and I transfer the study to another pacs, the dICOM report resolution is seriously degraded and in fact can hardly read. However, if I import the JPEG report as SC(not US), and I send to another PACS, it looks fine. To me, that means that the algorithm used to convert jpeg to Dicom is different for US and SC? This would pose a problem with adding a report as a separate series to a US study.

Three, will there be the feature to add a body part field into the dicom header for filter purposes(used in other PaCS?

thanks again

PS. I did two additional tests.

First case with jpeg typed report imported under the US modality; then added a second series of the same report but changing the modality as SC on the import screen. Forward to another PACS. The second report is clearly readable whereas the first remains blurred.

Second test done in reverse. First report imported as SC then followed by import under US. In this case, the first report remains readable but the second not.

Interesting?