Posts by Kyeema

Well, it's done... Conquest Server runs perfectly on Windows Server 2008... hope this helps someone in the future...

K-PACS by the way doesn't... it can be installed but not started...

Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Well, thanks again...

I've done a lot of testing in the past few days... I tested sending from K-Pacs on a Vista PC to Conquest on a Windows 7 PC and vice versa... it worked properly... and I know it worked between XP and Windows Server 2003 before... but my friends need to change the old system... and unfortunately I do not have a Server 2008 system yet... trusting your first answer however I gave my yes to ordering the Server 2008 and next week I will be able to tell you if it really works there too...

Thanks for helping me! :D

Hey Marcel,

sorry for bothering you once again... but in the K-Pacs section of the forum nobody answers, my post from Sunday hasn't even been posted yet... do you by chance have any idea if the forum is still active and on how I could possibly get the information I need?

It's 2 questions:
    1. can I run K-Pacs on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    2. can I directly access a conquest Dicom server on this 2008 Server from a client XP PC's K-Pacs program without having to install K-Pacs on the 2008 Server? I think the answer for the last question is yes, but I'm not sure and I can't try it out because the Server 2008 system will be ordered when I know for sure that the K-Pacs - Conquest Dicom connection works on it... and if yes, how do I set up the Conquest Server configuration?

Thanks again for your help!
    Kyeema :mrgreen:

Hi!

I am new to K-PACS and DICOM and have two probably silly questions (please don't laugh)...

Does K-PACS run on Windows Server 2008 R2?

Can I send data (via transfer) directly from K-PACS (on a Win XP PC) to a Conquest Dicom Server (on a Windows Server 2008 R2 PC)?

Thanks in advance! :D

Kyeema

Hi there!

I am absolutely new to k-pacs and stuff and therefore probably have the dumbest questions of all - please don't laugh!

Can I install K-PACS and a Conquest DICOM-Server on a Windows Server 2008 r2 system?

Does this work properly when connected to another Windows XP PC over the network?

Thanks in advance for your answers! :D