Posts by pmstacey

maybe it is the amount of studies??? we do have a lot on both servers. one is a major hospital and the other is the biggest imaging center in Western NY. 10 minutes is too long to wait in the queue. Especially for stat reads. Is there a way to change that time to maybe at the most 5 min delay, maybe even shorter??

Thanks.

Marcel,

I am autoforwarding from two different Conquest servers. I put in as you suggested the line:

forward series to TIAPACS

since both are very busy servers and have a lot of large series. However, it takes a very long time to forward the series. I amtalking up to 24 hours. is there a way to shorten the time frame it waits before auto forwarding?

thanks.

Pat Stacey

So if i add that line to my Conquest dicom.ini, substituting 0008,0080 for your line, it will put the institution and title "Institution" in place of referring physician?

I wil try it.

Andrea, we are purchasing imsiPacs, imsiRis, and dicom router pro, but I have to go to training with John Mazur before that. I am the NY dealer.

I was just hoping that I could setup the KPACS/IQVIEW, but this will work also. I am still using Conquest in many places.

Pat Stacey

Marcel, I have a Conquest that is constantly receiving studies from two different Conquest. It is receiving fine and fast (this is the server on a FIOS line, 20 up/50 down), but the problem that comes into play is that when it is queried and has to send a study. Since it basically never stops on the recieving end (studies from the other Conquest servers are constantly being sent, it looks like a slot machine!), the studies take a long time to go out. It will send on image, then go back to receiving and maybe 5 minutes or so later send another image. It is sending at 20 up and the recieving end is 15 down, so the broadband is not an issue. It will average 20 minutes to get a CR with 7 images.

It seems that the problem is the priority goes to the receiving side.

Is there a way to have it queue the receive side and prioritize the send side? We are in more of a need to have the images retrieved fast than received fast.

Pat Stacey

I have 15 different iQ-VIEW's and at least 25 k-pacs running. One thing i really need is for the institution to show in the headers as I have a Conquest running and receiving images from 5 seperate places and when I query, I need to be able to sort by institution. is there any way to do that in either program?

thanks.

Pat Stacey

i just enabled on the config page. i turned it back off and it is flying again. thank you again for all your help. you have a tremendous program.

Ok, i turned on compression on both sides, the sending and receving side. it actually slowed down alot. It seems to take a long time to recieve and compress. It is much faster without compression.
    Does that sound right?

I am using the default Dbase and no compression. However, I have NK2 marked. If i put in compression, do I just change it (and to which one) and stop and restart the server? I believe that iQ-View can handle the compression and also imsiPACS also. I never compressed because I wanted the best imagery, but I can change it.

These hard drives are newly released by Seagate and are supposdly designed to work with servers and raids better than normal drives that the public uses. They and the Intel RAID card are SATA-II and are 3 mb transfer rates.

Oh, also, I checked the process manager, I am never above 3% and most of the time at 1% of resources. This FIOS line is ours only, no one else on it. When I did the speed test it came out to a little over 48 down and 19 up and it is constant.

Acutally, it is not bad. My server is a Quad Core Xeon, 8 Gigs ram, Windows Server 2003 x64 (works perfectly!) and 5 disk RAID five with the new segate 750 gig server hard drives. I also have dual 80 gig sata drives for just the OS on (mirrored). The Conquest is on the D drive (1.3 tb) and nothing else on it.

I just did a test that came out pretty good:

I remoted into 3 different rad's computers and used iQ-View to query and retrieve the same MRI. It contained 114 images.

Rad 1 (FIOS, 5 up/20 down) took 1min, 7 secs
    Rad 2 (Cable, 1.5 up/15 down) took 1 min, 43 secs
    Rad 3 (FIOS, 20 up/20 down) took 1 min, 9 secs

That is all the while that it is receiving studies from 3 other locations (two Conquest that are auto forwarding, one that is a teleradiology group that sends constantly). It is like watching the stock market ticker across the bottom of a TV, it never stops!!!

can understand that!!

Another question:

The Conquest Dicom server I am running now is extremely busy. I have about 400 studies a day (7 days) sent to it. I also have 8 rads query and retrieving every day. I am running FIOS broadband (fiber optics) at 20 up and 50 down. As you can imagine, it is VERY busy and was wondering if rather than having one Conquest doing everything, would it be better to setup one copy for receiving only and another for retreiving? I would setup autoforwarding from the receiving to the retreiving one. I have a little over 1.3 tb of space for the images and will be removing most of them on a bi-weekly basis as we are not responsible for the images and do not have to store them other than for reading purposes.

Will the increase the speed for the retrievals? Most of the rads retreiving are also on FIOS with 20 down or cable with 15 to 20 down, but the transfer is slow due to the tremendous influx of data on a constant basis.

attached is my dicom.ini file. the autofowarding is not working. i can go to the conquest diciom (tiasisters) and push to tiapacs1, but it does not automatically send new studies. what do i have wrong? thanks for the help

Pat Stacey

Files

• dicom.zip

(1.37 kB, downloaded 399 times, last: )

thanks. I was not using the lastest version due to some other issues. I am on 1.4.12c and that manual does not go into it. I will upgrade now and read the other manual.

Does it matter where in the .ini it is placed? will it only do new studies that come in, or will it do all studies?

thanks again.

I want to autoforward all incoming studies from one Conquest to another. Where in the dicom.ini do I put the command?

Here is what I have done:

Conquest Dicom server "BMGTIA" is the one I want to auto forward from, Conquest Dicom server "TIAPACS1" is the receiving server.

I list each of the Conquest servers in the respective "known dicom providers" section. I also listed the server itself in the it's "known providers" section.

For example, in the BMGTIA Conquest, I have listed the "TIAPACS1" server with the AE TITLE, IP, and compression. I also listed the "BMGTIA" server in there with AE TITLE, IP (127.0.0.1) and compression

I inserted the following in the beginning of the dicom.ini for the "BMGTIA" Conquest (that is the server I want to automatically forward all incoming studies FROM):

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportConverter0 = forward to TIAPACS1

I then ended the server and killed all services in task manager and restarted server.

Is this correct? Does it matter where in the dicom.ini these lines are placed? Will it only do new incoming? Will it automatically forward?

Thanks.

Pat Stacey

Thank you,. I will try it and see if I can get the hang of it.

Do you know when your next version will be released.

Fantastic product.

Do you expect this to be out soon. We are making a move (the group I handle) to imsiPACS to consolidate the sites they are contracted to read. One of the big advantages is a dicom router to set up the rules for auto pushing and the ability to autopush to multiple destinations simotaneously and still recieve studies from the medical institutions all at the same time. I have the ability for unlimited rules and can set a schedule for what doc gets what studies at what times. It also lets me setup rules for what they can view by medical institutions, type of studies, time, date, etc... This is very necessary.

Will Conquest have any of these capabilites, especially the auto push. It has to be done simotaneously, not one at a time.

Marcel, have you ever heard or worked with the free Dicom Router designed by Thomas Hacklaender, M.D., PhD? Do you know if it will work with Conquest?

ok, i did as you said. I still had the same problem. After deleting the .sql, I ended the program and stopped the service. I then restarted the program and ran a regen. Same thing. I then removed the dbase folded in the data folder, deleted the .sql again, and the ran regen. Same thing. I then deleted the entire program (except the data folder, but I did delete the dbase folder again) and reinstalled the newer version (1.4.14). I made the change needed to correct for the "out of memory" error you get when you regen. I packed the database and ran a regen. It works perfectly now.

Must be something in the older version, but I don't know what. Thanks for your help. I could not have solved it without your pointing me in the right directlon.

Pat