Posts by pbturner

i asked our IT if we could put the app on a PC in a DMZ and they said we don't have a DMZ. apparently, we only have the connection through the router (1 "valid" IP address). IT won't open any ports without a federal court order.

given the situation and configuration, any thoughts/suggestions on how to get a DICOM transfer to work?

Andreas,

Just as an additional FYI, I've tried to talk to our IT department and they are very security conscious and won't do a port forward even for a short test. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's in this situation.

thanks,

pbt.

Hi Andreas,

Here's what the guy from the DICOMSERVER site sent me.

The original idea of C-MOVE was a ??????third party copy?????? ??????? A asks B to send a copy to C, but 99.9% of the time A and C are the same????????????.it still does though behave AS IF they were separate, hence the need for a separate B->C association. C-GET is A asking B to send it a copy over the original association (more like http ??????? and hence firewall/NAT/DHCP friendly)

with the current state of networks and computers, doesn't it seem like this is a possible solution (C-GET)?

pbt.

thanks for getting back so quickly.....

i was afraid of that situation. so, basically, as i have described my situation (and not being able to do a port forward), i'm kind of stuck trying to get images off dicomserver.co.uk, right?

thanks for the info.

pbt.

trying to view images are a remote server - http://www.dicomserver.co.uk. am able to get connected to the server using their configuration. config info in K-PACS server page = (Medical Connection, KPServer, 217.160.210.147, 104) (or 11112). going back to the main page, i can enter * for the Patient ID and do a search. it returns 285 studies found. double clicking on one of the studies (yes, there are images under the study) results in network requests, but when the image viewer is displayed, it is black. looking at the log on the server, it shows that the the target (my machine) was actively refusing the connection. since i'm running Windows XP, i tried turning off the firewall, but no luck. appears that our network is very tight on allowing incoming TCP/IP connection requests, so the block is further up the network (and i'm not sure i can get it changed). according to the dicomserver support person, I (K-PACS) could use a C-GET instead of a C-MOVE to view the images and this should take care of the problem. is this something that can be modified?