Posts by ChrisM

>>>Files dropped into the conquest server will be copied to the first MAG device with enough space. Drag and drop behaves the same as a network transfer into the server. There is no way to control in which MAG device images are stored.<<<

Thanks, Marcel.

The reason I asked that is because I have a disk volume that front-ends a tape library with HSM software, so it looks like a nearly-infinite disk. Right now there are about 5 million files on it managed by ConQuest, and that aspect is working fine. (Thanks to your past help.) However, the HSM logic to migrate data to the library, back up the file-stubs and certain other functions gets slower as we go along. So it would be desirable to set up MAG1 and somehow ensure that it, and not MAG0, receives new data. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Chris

First, it's great to see this Conquest forum under way. I see names of several folks who have been helpful to me. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Couple of questions:

(1) When one sends files to Conquest with the storescu.exe program, Conquest creates folders under MAG0 to contain them. Does the same thing happen with the drag and drop function? Or will the files stay at their current locations, and be referenced from there?

(2) If you have set up more than one MAGx device, is there any way to tell Conquest which one to use for saving newly received files?

regards, Chris

Hi. I've just started using K-PACS, and plan to install it on some customer PCs. It's great!!!

I've gotten it working with Conquest and MySQL in a number of different arrangements:

(1) CQ/MSQL running on a Win2003 server; KP running on an XP Pro workstation (also works fine with XP Home and Win2K workstations).

(2) CQ/MSQL running on a XP-Home laptop; KP running on the same laptop (for demo's at client site.)

(3) Then decided to try installing KP on the same Win2003 server as in item (1). But while KP seems to install ok, and will do database queries from CQ, anything involving image transfers fails. If I go into KP's server admin, I can't start the KP server. It was installed and runs under a Win admin account.

Is there something special that needs to be done under 2k3 server?

Thanks for your help.