Posts by pparvin

Is there anything special that needs to be done to transmit through the internet? the difficulty is that we have a portable ultrasound machine going to several different sites and it will be a difficult thing to have a vpn at each of those sites and further, I cant see a way to get into the machine and create the vpn so we would have to dump the studies to a pc server and then transmit them through vpn. Very time consuming. Any suggestions?

I have not created a vpn I was just sending it through the internet from ip and ae server name to test. Do you have a suggestion on vpn that works well with this. I have used hardware asa solutions but not much on the software solutions. Hardware solutions will probably be to expensive for what we are doing so we will need to do a software solution.

:?: I have installed the server on two machines at different offices and need to send the studies through the internet. I have set the router to port forward any requests from the 5678 to the machine where the server resides. When I try to connect I can ping the ip (static ip of the office where I have set up the port forwarding) and it verifies but when it tries to send I get an error that it cannot connect to the server. I can bring the ultrasound machine to that office and send the studies through the local network with no problem. I am missing something simple I'm sure but am baffled as of now. Don't mind to contribute and look froward to being involved in helping develop some additional tools for this program and project.
    I love this program and look forward to getting the bugs worked out and using it in 20 clinics.
    Any help will be appreciated and any documentation that may be available as well.