Posts by pmhenigan

It seems as though we've all come up with divergent solutions here. Perhaps we should get a list of our requirements together. Maybe make it a stickey? Then we can decide what would be the cleanest approach, language, etc. to work with on this together?

For myself, remote management is not a problem but could be greatly improved through the web interface. I use it solely as a viewer. The technicians have a heavy workload, and the patient search returns results in about a half second from any location. Once selected, thumbnails are presented in 3 columns along the page. These gif images are 25kb and load quickly. Select any thumbnail and it goes to the full-size 175kb image (dicom size on disk = 1.5mb). Studies and series can be quickly reviewed with few mouseclicks. I've tested every viewer solution available and nothing touches this speed. (of course, I'll be sacrificing some of this when I get the color going)

So, maybe to kick off the list...

1. Performance: - I get gray hair over bandwidth.
    2. Simplicity:
    - Alphabetize option in search results
    - Increase thumbnail size, add columns, display only images
    - Next / Previous on individual images in series
    - Dual interface - User / Admin?
    3. Security: - passwording admin features - SSL - logging - more gray hair (HIPPA).
    4. User Features:
    - Color and 3D image display
    - Print
    - CD Burn (on server)
    5. Admin Features:
    - Anononimize and send
    - Edit Tags
    - Push

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Pat

Hi,

First, Thank You for a Great program and all the work that has gone into it!

I've been using the 1.4.12 alpha version for about 6 months now in both windows and Linux and the performance has been exellent. I am currently doing 10Gb/day volume to a central server with two remote locations. There are 7 Philips sono machines in the 3 sites and a GE mammo in the central office. I use Ubuntu 6.10, with Windows 2003 in a VM. The VM does image collection / forwarding and I find the admin features are easier. The Linux side serves sono images to multiple viewstations / locations through the cgi. I am building two more Linux servers for the remote offices as they will be getting mammo machines soon.

The ability to customize the configuration to fit my bandwidth and network needs is outstanding. I've built a linux testing server to further develop the cgi. I have been incorporating minor usability features into the cgi (forward and back betweeen single images, alphetical sorting and such). I have also beeen working to get color into the gif web images. The 8-bit mono routines also improperly render 3d images. I've had various limited levels of success in editing nkiqrsop and could use a little help there.

I'm new at working with all this but would also like to help with the project.

Regards,

Pat