Posts by Kashi

Hi Marcel,

Just installed the Conquest server 1.4.15 (which was working on a 32 bit Windows server) on a Windows 2008 server (64 bit). Images get processed as usual but SR objects crash the server. A regular Windows dialog comes up which says dgate64 has crashed.

I renamed the dgate64.exe as something else so that the 32 bit dgate.exe is picked up; restarted the server. The SR goes thru fine now.

Have I missed something in the set-up ? It is a regular default install.

Best Regards
    Kashi

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply - all is clear. I will leave things as they are with the exportconverters scheme.

Not only have you created a great product, your continuing support makes it a fantastic experience.

Thank you once again.

Best Regards
    Kashi

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for staying with me on this. This is what I have now done :
    ImportConverters = 2
    ImportConverter0 = save to E:\temp.dcm
    ImportConverter1 = process with dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:E:\temp.dcm,600,E:\x.jpg,//0"; destroy

The x.jpg gets created now. Two questions :

a) Why does a dcm get written to the printer_files folder ?
    b) Is there any saving in number of files/processing time between using ImportConverters OR my earlier scheme where I had no ImportConverters but just a bunch of ExportConverters ? I had thought that creation of the intermediate dcm file would be avoided.

Best Regards
    Kashi

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned but I am on 1.4.15.

here's what I am trying to use (The E:\x.jpg is in desperation - a hardcoded filename) - it seems to go to the printer_files folder and as a .dcm file.

ImportConverters = 1
    ImportConverter0 = process with command dgate.exe "--convert_to_jpg:%f,3000,E:\x.jpg,//0"; destroy

I am sure I have goofed up - pl help ! Is %f valid for an importconverter (the manual says this is for exportconverters only) ?

Best Regards
    Kashi

Hello,

We are using a bunch of ExportConverters as shown below (excerpt from dicom.ini) :

ExportConverters = 5
    ExportModality0 = US
    ExportConverter0 = C:\dicomclientserver\usconv.bat %i "%V0008,0080" "%f" %V0008,0020

ExportModality1 = SR
    ExportConverter1 = C:\dicomclientserver\srconv.bat %i "%V0008,0080" "%f" %V0008,0020 %V0008,0030

ExportModality2 = OT
    ExportConverter2 = C:\dicomclientserver\usconv.bat %i "%V0008,0080" "%f" %V0008,0020

ExportModality3 = RF
    ExportConverter3 = C:\dicomclientserver\usconv.bat %i "%V0008,0080" "%f" %V0008,0020

ExportModality4 = XA
    ExportConverter4 = C:\dicomclientserver\usconv.bat %i "%V0008,0080" "%f" %V0008,0020

As you can see, ExportConvert0,2,3,4 all do the same thing - this is specified like this because I do not know how to specify Modality <> SR.
    Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Kashi

Hi,

We have been successfully using Conquest DICOM server for years now. We would like to now use this for receiving measurements (by way of Structured Report objects) from a GE machine.

Does anyone have any experiences to share with me ?

Thanks in advance.

Kashi