Posts by Pacsdude

Running Conquest v1.4.16beta5

I have a question about incoming compression. In the manual on page 55 it states

Since version 1.4.7, if the called AE title looks like SERVER~xx (note, the total AE length must remain less than 16), then xx will override
    IncomingCompression. Default=’un’; Conquest addition.

I cannot get this to work. I have sent a study to conquest with the calling AE title as "DCMSND~IS" to the called AE title for conquest as "RADARCH4" and it still uses my compression rules. I would like everything that comes from the calling AE title "DCMSND~IS" to store images as-is without changing the compression.

Is this the correct method of thinking of this feature or do I have it all wrong?

Thanks

Conquest version: 1.4.16beta6

I get this everytime a study is written to the database or when I try to pull a study from Conquest. It errors and will not let me import. I do not have this file 'dcmcjpeg.exe' in my conquest directory, but there is a 'dcmcjpeg.txt'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jamie

Marcel,

All of the US studies were coming from the AE title 'AMROUTE' as you see in the importconverter rules. It was hitting that and compressing them as 'j2', all is good now. So, now I am forced to set the imcomingcompression back to 'j2' from 'as' and when I send my lossy compressed images to conquest now, it looks like conquest decompresses them and then recompresses them as 'j2'. Even if I change the calling AE title from 'DCMSND' to 'DCMSND~is' it somehow ignores it and forces 'j2' compression on them.

Sorry for all of the questions/troubles...

and thank you for your help!

Marcel,

I think I updated beta 5 with beta 4 or beta2? So, I got a new copy of 1.4.16 beta and updated it with beta5 and went from there.

--copy of my dicom.ini

--now withthe above dicom.ini the file size of my Lossy Q90 images are not touched. I just wanted conquest to leave the filesize of all of the images it receives from the AE title 'DCMSND' as-is. In the above dicom.ini file, I have changed the incomingcompression from 'j2' to 'as' & then added the importconverter rules that you see above. Now though I notice that new US studies that are coming over from the modality are being stored at a file size of 2K again and they are not viewable after they are imported from conquest. An error message reads: "****[compressJPEGL]: Could not find the image data" as the US study is being received from the modality. This even happened after I changed my Importconverter rules to what you see above in my dicom.ini. The rule reads "if the study equal 'US' compress it 'as-is'.

Any ideas & thank you for your help!

Okay- on my GUI... it is labeled 1.4.16beta4 on the titlel bar, but it was in beta5 zip file that I got a week back or so. When I drag and drop I get:

1) I/O error 32 - (with just an "OK" button to press) and then the logs just tell me: -------------------Adding image files to server------------------- and then nothing.

2) I am also seeing a lot of "***Failed to create process: dcmcjpeg.exe - error 2" after I crank up my debug logging.

3) Also I can't see any logging on the "Server status" tab until I have the 'debug log' check box checked. Normally there is something there at all times.

Where can I get an updated copy of 1.4.16beta5 GUI?

I will download another copy soon and see what is inside.

Thanks

Conquest: 1.4.16 Beta 5

I have been filling up a new conquest server of ours from an older archive. I have been using dcmsnd from dcm4chee and placing the .dcm files in to a folder that is 'watched'. All of the images that I have sent to conquest via dcmsnd have already been compressed from our old archive (all CR from the old archive have already been compressed as: Lossy Q90).

-- I have attached a copy of my dicom.ini below into code

So, when I send conquest a CR that is compressed @ Lossy Q90 the file size goes from around 1mb to 2K & it is also being J2 compressed by conquest. I have lots and lots of images that have turned out this way. When I retrieve a study the file size is still 2K and it tells me "image decompression error" & I have my workstation AE setup in the destinations as 'UN'. If I view it with the K-pacs viewer, it just displays a black image. Is there anyway to decompress these images to make them all useful again?

Thank you

Marcel,

I just found your notes in the 'dicom.sql' file about moving the 'station name' & 'Institution Name' fields. If I add the 'Station Name' field to the 'dicomstudies' table where it is more useful, I would have to reindex the entire DB correct?

Thank you

Running Conquest v 1.4.16

I was wondering if it was possible to index additional dicom tags in the mysql database? Such as "Number of Study Releated Series" & "Number of Study Related Instances". It is really convienent to query conquest from my workstation application (centricity) and view how many images or series a study has in most cases. We have a few other tags we would like to index as well like "Station Name".

Thanks

I don't know about your side, but when you upgrade to the beta, make sure that you are replacing the .dll & .exe files in the correct directory that you are running dgate.exe from. I did this to the wrong 'conquest' folder on my side and I was wondering why I was having problems. Do your US studies dump into the 'printer_folder'?

I have added the following to my dicom.ini as it was not initially there:

"EnableBuiltInJPEG = 1'

The US multiframe images are still erroring in the pacstrouble.log file and are getting placed in the 'printer_files' folder.

Code
    20100908 10:39:41 ***[CompressJPEGImage]: Error on load after: dcmcjpeg +el +un +sr E:\imagedata\images\printer_files\1.2.826.0.1.3680043.2.135.733864.35673984.6.1283960381.0.74.dcm out.dcm)

I have do have the GUI set to 'Lossless JPEG' if that is of any help.

I am in the same boat as ajgg, even after trying the latest beta, 1.4.16beta, my ultrasounds multiframe images still get dumped into the 'printer_files' folder. I even have the following rule setup:

# Importconverters
    ImportConverters = 1
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%u","DCMSND"; compression as

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi,

I am running server 2008 standard x64 with 16GB of RAM & conquest 1.4.15. I have three drive letters that are C, D, & E. I have conquest installed on drive D: and all of my images that I have copied over from an old archive on drive E: (conquest will also be writing to drive E: as well). When I drag and drop my old images, which are from an old Radstore 2.1 product that have file extensions of ".0", from drive E: I get an error in the console like the one below:

Code
    error message:------------ Adding image files to server --------------- Processing directory: E:\ImageData\C1\Images\02240419---- Processing directory: E:\ImageData\C1\Images\02240419\CR[RADARCH4] ***[AddImageFile] E:\ImageData\C1\Images\02240419\CR\95648.0 -FAILED: Error on Load[RADARCH4] ***[AddImageFile] E:\ImageData\C1\Images\02240419\CR\95650.0 -FAILED: Error on Load

If I copy those same images that I tried to drag and drop over to my D: drive and do another drag and drop from there, conquest will not error. It only errors if I do it from my E: drive. My E: drive is an external enclosure with 15 2TB disks that is directly attached with a SAS cable.

Code
    successful message:
    ---- Processing directory: D:\02240419
    ---- Processing directory: D:\02240419\CR
    [RADARCH4] [recompress]: recompressed with mode = j2 (strip=0)
    [RADARCH4] Added file: E:\imagedata\images\33-50-85-7\1.2.124.113532.10.10.50.45.20040419.122313.13642_0001_000001_1279728116010c.dcm
    [RADARCH4] [recompress]: recompressed with mode = j2 (strip=0)
    [RADARCH4] Added file: E:\imagedata\images\33-50-85-7\1.2.124.113532.10.10.50.45.20040419.122313.13642_0001_000001_1279728116010d.dcm

I have several hundred thousand images to copy over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all - I was hoping that somebody could share a custom app they made for monitoring a folder full of .dcm files? I've got a folder full 300K+ .dcm files and windows doesn't play nice when you ask it to drag and drop a good percentage of them at once onto conquest.

Thanks for sharing!