Posts by Pacsdude

okay, but instead of looking at disk space, can I tell conquest to delete on these conditions:

study date is more than or equal to (days old) '2196', the patients birth date is more than or equal to (days old) '8400', modalities in study doesn't contain 'MG'

This would be an fantastic feature added to conquest -- can this be added to the wishlist?

thanks - Pacsdude

Has anybody had any luck yet successfully setting up Weasis to talk to Conquest? I've read a couple of posts about this subject but everyone states that need to wait until 1.4.16D. We would like to test Weasis with conquest with its ability to query/delete multiple studies at once. Also, the ability to query by accession number & modality is a plus.

thanks

Marcel,

Thanks - the code works now! :)

I'm getting some errors when compressing to J2 on a few select studies that I can't figure out - I was hoping you might have an idea what is happening?

I've noticed this on some XA and some CT exams - here is the log:

its where it states, ***[CompressJPEGL]: could not find the image data.

The file sizes of these images are usually around 2KB to 6KB - really small and cannot be displayed when imported to a workstation. Give error, 'decompression failed' when the study gets opened on a workstation after being imported.

When I don't use the [lua] script and I go back to 'incomincompression = j2' the file size goes backup to 16MB or so as these are clips from our cath lab.

Thanks

marcel,

I tried your code above as:

Code
    [lua]ImportConverter0 = if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');ImportConverter1 = if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH3' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

and I got back this error:

Code
    [RADARCH4] UPACS THREAD 5: STARTED AT: Thu Sep 15 07:49:19 2011
    [RADARCH4] Calling Application Title : "RADARCH "
    [RADARCH4] Called Application Title : "RADARCH4 "
    [RADARCH4] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 0
    [RADARCH4] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1" 1
    [RADARCH4] Presentation Context 1 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1" 1
    [RADARCH4] Presentation Context 2 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1" 1
    [RADARCH4] *** lua syntax error [string "if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH' then script('compression AS..."]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>' in 'if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');'
    [RADARCH4] *** lua syntax error [string "if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH3' then script('compression A..."]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>' in 'if Association.Calling == 'RADARCH3' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');'
    [RADARCH4]

Question... does [lua] need to be on its own line or does it have to be in the dicom.ini at all?

Thanks

Marcel,

So, using your new rule shouldn't it be using 'Association.Calling' instead of 'Association.Called'?

Code
    # ImportConvertersImportConverter0 = if Association.Calling = 'RADARCH' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');ImportConverter1 = if Association.Calling = 'RADARCH3' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

...except it is not compressing any other images from other AE Titles and is storing them uncompressed...because I changed my 'IncomingCompression = as'

[code[RADARCH4] UPACS THREAD 5: STARTED AT: Wed Sep 14 09:03:39 2011
    [RADARCH4] Calling Application Title : "CATHROUTE "
    [RADARCH4] Called Application Title : "RADARCH4 "
    [RADARCH4] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384
    [RADARCH4] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.1" 1
    [RADARCH4] *** Importconverter0.0 error: if Association.Calling = 'RADARCH' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2')
    [RADARCH4] *** Importconverter1.0 error: if Association.Calling = 'RADARCH3' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2')
    [RADARCH4] Written file: f:\imagedata\images\20110914\CR\117603\1.2.392.200036.9107.500.303.4338.20110914.84349.104338.dcm
    [RADARCH4] UPACS THREAD 5: ENDED AT: Wed Sep 14 09:03:39 2011
    [RADARCH4] UPACS THREAD 5: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [RADARCH4] *** Queue: holding processing of file f:\imagedata\images\20110914\CR\117603\1.2.392.200036.9107.500.303.4338.20110914.84349.104338.dcm[/code]

I know I'm doing something wrong, can you tell what is wrong in my dicom.ini file?

Marcel,

We have more than one GE Archive where studies could be sent to Conquest from, so in your code below:

Code
    ImportConverter0 = if Association.Called = 'AE1' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

could I use more than one 'Called AE Title' or should I have a ImportConverter for each 'Called AE Title'? Like the following:

Code
    ImportConverter0 = if Association.Called = 'AE1', 'AE2' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

OR

Code
    ImportConverter0 = if Association.Called = 'AE1' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

Code
    ImportConverter1 = if Association.Called = 'AE2' then script('compression AS') else script('compression J2');

Current setup:
    Conquest: v1.4.16
    Windows Server 2008 x64
    16GB of RAM
    Two XEON 2GHz processors
    Drives E & F for storage

I've got a situation where my dicom.ini file is set as this for compression:

Code
    # Configuration of compression for incoming images and archivalDroppedFileCompression = j2IncomingCompression = j2ArchiveCompression = as

The above settings works great for the majority of the studies that are stored on conquest for us because they arrive uncompressed. The remaining studies are ones that are sent from a GE archive that are stored as JPEG Lossless. When those JPEG Lossless studies arrive on conquest from the GE archive they are compressed again according to Conquests compression settings in the dicom.ini file. Those studies/images store fine and their file size for the images looks appropriate, but those studies cannot be imported to other workstations and viewed. When a workstation queries Conquest and finds one of these JPEG Lossless studies in question that has arrived from the GE archive, the study transfers successfully and everything looks great until it is viewed and we see this error on the workstations (GE Centricity) 'Data validation for display failed'. This situation only happens to CT exams, all other modalities appear to behave just fine.

My question is, can I use a 'importconverter' rule based on calling AE Title and use compression rules with them? Like when 'AETITLE1' calls I can tell it to store 'as' and when 'AETITLE2' calls I can tell it to store 'j2'. If this is possible would I then need to change my 'IncomingCompression' to 'un' or 'as'?

I will include a copy of my dicom.ini for reference in case any question come up.

Thanks for all of your help on this !

I had a 'printer_files' folder in my 'MAG 0' but not in the my 'MAG 1'. I forgot to mention that my 'MAG 0' is always full and usually stays at 0 MB free. This is probably why its happening as it can't write to the 'printer_files' folder any longer. Is there a tag I can use in the dicom.ini to redirect where conquest thinks the 'Printer_files' folder lives for each MAG?

thanks - Jamie

Current setup:
    Windows Server 2008 x64
    16GB of RAM
    Drives E & F for storage
    Two XEON 2GHz processors

So, the upgrade went okay. I made a new directory with 1.4.16 and copied my dgatesop.lst, dicom.ini, dicom.sql & acrnema.map files over from my old dir. I updated my service to point to the new directory as well. When it receives images I'm getting this error '***[JPEG Library]: Output file write error -- out of disk space?' My MYSQL DB is appx 105GB in size so I didn't want to risk having to reindex that mother mother. I currently have 'usebuiltinjpeg = 1' and also have this set in my dicom.ini:

# Configuration of compression for incoming images and archival
    DroppedFileCompression = j2
    IncomingCompression = j2
    ArchiveCompression = as

My main concern is that my images are NOT being compressed even though I have 'Incomingcompression = j2' set. Eventually I will run out of space and be OUT OF SPACE. Can somebody help troubleshoot this with me please?

I'll include a copy of my dicom.ini for reference.

--in desperate need of help

thank you

Marcel,

It was reporting out of disk space when there was 0mb free on the MAG0. I managed to delete some other install files for a different app and I now have 23mb free and it doesn't complain anymore. So, if I use a script or use nightly move to create space on MAG0, will MAG0 fill up again to 30MB if I move 1GB off for example to MAG1?

thanks

Marcel,

Sorry, I did't mean to complain like that. I really like conquest and I appreciate all of the work that you and everyone has put into it. When you say, 'typically we do not run MAG0 full', does that mean you have a deletion rule in place for MAG0, or is there a way to keep from writing to a MAG device when free space hits a certain limit and then start to write to the next MAG?

thanks

Well, that isn't very useful....if someone's MAGDevice is full..they can't use the browser. What is someone supposed to do to be able to use it again? If space is created on the drive where MAGDevice0 lives then Conquest will try to fill it up again right?

Conquest 1416Beta6

MYSQL database

Hello,

I have two MAG devices and each are about 25TB. MAGDevice0 is full and conquest is currently writing to MAGDevice1. When new studies are written I am getting the error message in the GUI that states: 'OUT OF DISK SPACE?'
    That happens when there is 0MB left on MAGDevice0. I then cannot use the web interface that is running to query conquest if I need to delete a study. I can query conquest with other programs, like Centricity or E-film and I can use them to retrieve. I just cannot use the Conquest web interface to query. The result always comes back empty. If I free up some space, like maybe 20MB then it will work fine. I currenlty have no deletion rules setup as I do not want to delete anything at this point.

Any ideas to use the conqeust web interface to query when one MAGdevice is full? I have included a copy of my dicom.ini below if it will be of any help.

thanks

Marcel,

Yes, I'll send you a .zip file of some sample images. To answer your other question, I did find the dcmd/cjpeg executables inside of v1.4.15 and put them inside of my conquest directory. I didn't receive any strange error message so I assumed that the decompression worked as intended.

Thanks for your help on this

Running Conquest v1.4.16beta5

Hi,

We have years worth of old studies we would like to import into conquest. Only the CT and MR studies are giving us problems. All of our CT/MR studies that we are wanting to store on Conquest are JPEG Lossless compressed and can be sent to conquest and received without any problems. I am sending them to the destination AE title as-is, for example 'CONQUEST~as'. This will not change the compression of the already lossless compressed CT or MR study. Again, conquest stores the study(ies) just fine, the problem is when I go to pull one of these studies from conquest to my workstation. It will transfer okay from conquest to my workstation (GE Centricity) but it will not display the image for viewing. It shows up in its database, but it gives me an error message of 'validation for display failed'. I have also tried these same studies with Clearcanvas workstation and it also fails to display the images with the error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' If these same images are not put through conquest first they will display just fine in other various viewers.

In conquest, I can view the study with the built in K-pacs viewer just fine, but when I transfer it to other viewers, it fails to display. I am not sending the studies compressed to the remote AE titles and I have tried disabling 'UseBuiltInJPEG' and then transferring the study(ies) with no luck. Can anyone offer any other suggestions to help us out? I have some sample anonymized images I can share for testing if needed.

Thank you