Posts by dcherryholmes

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to run K-pacs on port 4006, not 104. And it still won't start on that port. However, it is true that if I pick some really high-numbered port then the server will start. It is odd, though, because I can run other tools such as Jdicom and DCMTK and they seem to run and communicate out without problems. Is there anything specific to K-Pacs that could make port 4006 a problem?

I have conflicting indications about this, though. I'll explain in more detail:

I'm running k-pacs 1.01 under wine on an ubuntu linux box. According to the logs, the server has started. But according to the server admin tool, the server is not, and if I attempt to start it I see an output in the small terminal window that says "server started" followed almost immediately with "server stopped."

I've not been able to browse a remote dicom node that I was able to Q/R using the jdicom tools on this same box, so I don't think it's a problem with outbound traffic or authentication against the remote dicom server. My Queries return no results, and the last field of the processes tab indicate an error. I can see from the logs that c-finds are initiated, opened, and closed without any further complaint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?