Posts by ElRayOX

In this case could I not just put another ExportConverter rule that routes from Server A to Server B (and Server B to Server A) in real time?

Now that I think of it, this would cause a loop without AE filtering. I would have to filter this by originating AETitle which I can do. This is on a WAN and it's much slower than the local network. Should the network speed difference cause any problems with routing?

Just thinking out loud here...

Hello. I have two Conquest servers in two physically separate locations. Conquest Server "A" at site "A" receives studies from CR1, CR2 and MR1. Conquest "B" at site "B" receives studies from CR3.

I would like to have these servers do evening copies of the studies they receive during the day to the other site. Site A would send the studies generated at that site to Site B. Site B would send the studies generated at that site to Site A.

I'm trying to figure out the rule to write in dicom.ini for this functionality without creating a loop. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I have a Conquest Server and an iQ-VIEW Workstation working with a single MRI system. Conquest receives a study, routes it to iQ-VIEW and to remote radiologists. The routing is fast and reliable.

However, the radiologists have a setup where they use a system with a Dictation Worklist and to populate this Dictation Worklist, their system relies on the sending facility (my Conquest Server) to send a "close" at the end of the last image of the patient examination. When routing automatically like I'm doing now, Conquest doesn't know how many images constitute a study and does not close out the exam. But when manually having Conquest send a study, it "knows" how many images are in this study and it successfully closes the study at the end of the send, and the patient name is placed on the radiologist's Dictation Worklist.

Is there a way to automate the batch sending of an entire study from Conquest after it is received by the modality? I'm thinking after a timeout of 60 seconds Conquest could automatically do a C-Move of the last complete study received.

I'm not sure if this sort of thing is configurable or if it is possible. I hope I've explained this well enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a great forum.

I've used Conquest with Osirix and they work well together. The only small problem I've seen is when querying Conquest from Osirix you don't get an image count on a study (with the standard DBIII database, I don't know if you have this problem when using SQL). Other than that it's just fine.

As a workaround to migrate data for DVD creation could you not run a second instance of Conquest and have all received images forwarded to this second Conquest. From the 2nd Conquest you could move images for DVD creation. Thus you keep all received studies yet create backup disks. The only thing lacking is a DICOMDIR file created on the disks.

I don't think FDA approval is needed unless you do image manipulation. If you store images on Conquest as uncompressed I believe there is no FDA approval required. If you store images using compression then I think some approval is needed. (I do like the 10 year "temporary" installation idea though)

This is what I have heard from several people in the industry. Maybe someone has more info on this...

Hello All,

Conquest maintains detailed log files when it is running as an application. Is it possible to enable logging of Conquest when it's running as a service?

I believe it is a drag and drop interface at this point. Drag an HL7 message into the Conquest interface and drop it. It would be great to be able to receive these messages and maintain a modality worklist with Conquest.

Marcel and Bushranger,

Thank you very much! I am running version 1.4.12c on Windows.

Though the Conquest Server documentation (or web page) discusses archives with over 4 million images, my concern was dbase blowing up. I've been loading up DVD's with DICOM studies and simultaneously pushing these studies to a test Conquest server from multiple computers and it's been holding up just fine. Though this is a test environment you always wonder about a clinical environment...

Conquest Server is a very nice piece of work. Thanks again...

First of all, thank you to Marcel and the developers of Conquest. And it is great to have this forum to discuss it.

I may be building an archive that will be receiving about 100 CR studies and 12 MR studies per day. The image count would be about 300 CR and 1200 MR images per day. To project this over a 5-year period would result in about 2.2 million images.

These studies would be routed to a DIOWave Web Server for primary review and also routed to 3 workstations (eFilm, Etiam, etc). Some query would be done from these workstations but the primary image review would be done via the web interface.

My question is this: Should I be concerned about the DBASEIII database holding up with this projected volume?

Any help would be appreciated.

Again, this is a wonderful forum!