Posts by jcisrisen

I have 2 MAG devices(usb external) on my new linux conquest. If I want to add a few more devices from my previous Windows storage archive...do I have to do a complete regeneration each time....or can I regenerate just one device at at time??

Thanks Marcel, Do I need credentials to download conquestlinux1416rc4b.
    I didnt change the dgatesop.lst. Should I just rename it and rename dgatesop.lstwithlinux to dgatesop.lst

I am using conquestlinux1416beta. My Dicom.ini is pasted below. We are going to use this server as a offsite backup of our PACS system image database for disaster backup. That is why I was planning to use j6 to maximize storage. We use a windows server now, but would like to convert to Linux.

We have dgate set to start at boot. Btw...How to I view the server status messages with when the server is already running?

---------------------------------------------
    # This file contains configuration information for the DICOM server
    # Example Linux version using SqLite
    # Copy this file to dicom.ini to use it

[sscscp]
    MicroPACS = sscscp
    Edition = Personal

# Network configuration: server name and TCP/IP port#
    MyACRNema = CONQUESTSRV1
    TCPPort = 5678

# Reference to other files: known dicom servers; database layout; sops
    ACRNemaMap = acrnema.map
    kFactorFile = dicom.sql
    SOPClassList = dgatesop.lst

# Host for postgres or mysql only, name, username and password for database
    SQLHost = localhost
    SQLServer = ./data/dbase/conquest.db3
    Username = dontcare
    Password = dontcare
    PostGres = 0
    MySQL = 0
    SQLite = 1

UseEscapeStringConstants = 0
    DoubleBackSlashToDB = 0
    #IndexDBF = 1
    #PackDBF = 0
    #LongQueryDBF = 1000

# Configure database
    TruncateFieldNames = 10
    MaxFieldLength = 254
    MaxFileNameLength = 255
    FixPhilips = 0
    FixKodak = 0
    UIDPrefix = 99999.99999
    EnableReadAheadThread = 1
    PatientQuerySortOrder =
    StudyQuerySortOrder =
    SeriesQuerySortOrder =
    ImageQuerySortOrder =
    EnableComputedFields = 0
    TCPIPTimeOut = 300
    FailHoldOff = 60
    RetryDelay = 100
    QueueSize = 128
    WorkListMode = 0
    WorkListReturnsISO_IR_100 = 1
    DebugLevel = 0
    Prefetcher = 0
    LRUSort =
    AllowTruncate =
    DecompressNon16BitsJpeg = 1
    UseBuiltInDecompressor = 1
    IgnoreOutOfMemoryErrors = 1
    PadAEWithZeros = 0
    FileNameSyntax = 3

# Configuration of compression for incoming images and archival
    DroppedFileCompression = j6
    IncomingCompression = j6
    ArchiveCompression = j6

# Names of the database tables
    PatientTableName = DICOMPatients
    StudyTableName = DICOMStudies
    SeriesTableName = DICOMSeries
    ImageTableName = DICOMImages
    DMarkTableName = DICOMAccessUpdates
    RegisteredMOPDeviceTable = RegisteredMOPIDs
    UIDToMOPIDTable = UIDToMOPID
    UIDToCDRIDTable = UIDToCDRID

# Banner and host for debug information
    PACSName = CONQUESTSRV1
    OperatorConsole = 127.0.0.1

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 1
    MAGDevice0 = ./data/

Hello, I just started to try Conquest with Linux (specifically Scientific Linux 6) I have it running and it seems to be working. I would like to change the compression incoming to store as j6. I entered and saved j6 in the dicom ini and restated the server. As I send images in, I do not see that it saves the images as compressed. How do I know for sure if they are being stored as JPEG lossless?

Hello Marcel, I am going to put a conquest server onto a little rackmount IBM with only a 36GB hardrive. My purpose for this server is purely as a gateway to autoroute to several telerad destinations based on a called AE title...which have already set up on a PC. My question is, since the hardrive is so small, can I get conquest to simply forward the images and not save them? My theory is that if there are no images in the database, conquest is more likely to forward them consistently....I have, on occasion, tried to send the same exam to several places, at different times...sometimes even more than once to same place...and conquest gave an error of inconsistent studyinst and failed to save or forward image.( this is through an archive ob abouth 900,000 images) I imagine we get that error do to some change of patient demographics in the RIS/pacs or something...Id like to avoid it.

And on a different note. SHould I set up conquest on this server in windows or linux...which will give me more consistency.

We have now installed Digital Mammo and KPACS/IQview handle the dicom 6000 CAD markings when toggling the bitmap overlay. (Is there a hot key for that?)

Anyway, we use IQview to burn CDs for Patients...the default is that the CAD makings(bitmap overlay) are on and are the first thing they see... We really do not want them to see the CAD at all or at least not first. Can I change this somehow so the Bitmap overlay does not default "on" just for the IQview lite?

Hello Andreas, I actually have the same issue with importing images from an IQView CD. Most of our neighboring facilities import our CD's using their GE RA600. The RA600 will read the dll, but will not import the images. The complaints have mostly gone away do to telerad, but now and then I still get calls...I can send a dll if it helps, but it happens with all cd's...as far as I have tried...V2.20 and earlier versions...

Hello Andreas,

We are moving into Digital Mammo with CAD. I have the option of reading both Digital Mammo and the CAD images within our Centricity PACS on our RA1000. However, We may not want to permanently store CAD for legal reasons. I am thinking of sending the CAD images to a separate KPACS/IQview Workstation where they can be reviewed. (We are too cheap to buy a CAD workstation) Will KPACS handle Dicom 6000 overlays, or Structured Reports? Or will I have to send the CAD images as a screenshots??

Chad

Yes, I agree with Rob,
    Through the conquest project, and KPACS, I have learned so much about DICOM, routing, compression,....and what a benefit it has been to our hospitals. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of the great thing you guys are doing. These projects are having a world-wide impact. I am seeing other South Dakota sites using Conquest, for one reason or another.... Not just cause they are free, (though that helps) but because they work as well or better than many other paid solutions.
    Thanks again,
    Chad

Hello Andreas, I am wondering if KPACS will ever contain some sort of image stitching option. We are filmless to the point of (14x51) scoliosis films. We have heard of people putting their 14x17 cr plates into the scoliosis cassette and then running them through the CR Digitizer creating 3 images...then stitching them together into one. I know that many CR companies sell a stitching package, but they are rich enough... some sort of free option would be great. Other wise, Do you know of any other free dicom stitching software? What are other people doing to get digittal scoliosis and long-leg films????

I am using 1.4.12c. And this has always happened to me with any version. And on a few different machines. Actually when left alone, the server will still seem to work properly in the tray. But if I want to restore it for various reasons, It crashes and I need to restart it. (but again only after an extended length of time...say a few hours....
    The machine is set not to hibernate or go into standby.

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this little problem I have with Conquest crashing and having to be restarted. If I do not use conquest GUI for a while....say 6-12 hours or more...leaving it hidden to the tray.... When I go to restore the conquest window, the program crashes and needs to be restarted which in turn re-indexes. When I click to restore....first I get a windows Error:

[/quote] "DICOM server user interface has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Followed by the application error...

Exception EAccess Violation in module ConquestDICOMServer.exe at 000512B4. Access violation at address 004512B4 in module 'ConquestDICOMServer.exe.' Read address of 0000004.

Its seems the server runs ok prior to the restore attempt, but it is annoying cause the server indexes again and that take a long time before we can use the server. I have reinstalled numerous times. I am at 1.4.12c. Anyone else having this problem..What can I do to stop it.

CMoser

How can I eliminate the retry queue on export? Or at least have it try a couple times, then fail. So the other images and forwards can start..

A couple places I am sending images to, is not capable of recieving some of our images apparently. EX. Refomats and VR's.

Hello Marcel,
    For some reason, I when forwarding, i am getting export failures on images that have come from a 3d (namely Reformatted images)workstation. If I export to anything that is not GE, I get an error within GE software that they are not valid dicom images. Must be some proprietory tags that are screwing it up. Anyway, Conquest must put them in a que and keeps retrying them. This seems to lock up anyother forwarding. Can i limit the retries it attempts.

Actually...nevermind the "if" it can be done It tried it ...
    ----I have successfully installed 6 Conquest servers in different folders with different AE titles and ports on one device. Will we I run into any pitfalls doing this or if it is even neccessary. This is the reason why I have asked.

1. I have no money to experiment with Dicom management gateway software that will handle multiple AE titles on one device with multiple autorouting rules. If anyone has a better more reliable free way to do the following...please let me know. Maybe conquest actually supports this with the calling AE rule or something...

2. The situation.....I have one vpn connection on one device that I use to send images to multiple sites. This is called the "telerad computer" Now we are using Kpacs/conquest on that one device to query and recieve from our PACS and the move to the designated device. And it works really well if you can get back to the computer to do it.

3. However ....We also use Centricity as a PACS. By setting up multiple ae titles on multiples conquest servers on the telerad computer...I can set up autoroute rules so that: Every single tech on any Centricity worstation on the SAN can dicom send to the designates sites all over the state though their perspective server...only three clicks.
    I set up all of these different Conquest servers as destinations in Centricity. It has workd flawlessly for the whole day today.

Can I use one Conquest application with multiple rules to somehow do this???

Hello Marcel, I was wondering if it was possible to install and run multiple Conquest servers on the same machine. If so, are there any precautions. Then taking advantage of the autorouting rules on each one.
    Chad

I have this one server on a single device that has two hardrives. My Conquest archive on the (E) drive is getting full, and I still have about 50G to store. Can I designate and retrieve from mutliple drives. How?