Posts by dbartalena

thanks Erik.
    do not take it personally but if the "1 DICOM - 1 bmp" rule is not a bug is at least a very badly managed feature.

as I told before, if you have a series of 100 DICOM files, there's no purpose of having 100 .bmp when you just use 1 in the thumbnail bar...
    the other 99 are just waste of disk space...

I appreciated that you will discuss this issue in next development talking.

as a reminder I filed a Mantis report here:
    http://mantis.image-systems.biz/view.php?id=2466

the interesting thing is that KPACS and IQ-VIEW create just 1 single .bmp per serieswhen importing studies from CD-ROMs

while they create 1 .bmp per image when receiving images from my MRI.

is this different behaviour intended or is it a bug?

as I told before, 1 bmp per series is OK
    but 1 bmp per image is pointless...

is there any way I could adjust IQ-VIEW settings to have just 1 bmp per series even when receiving files from the MRI?

Ok, 1 bmp per series would be reasonable but 1 bmp per image expecially in CT and MR studies is pointless since you just show 1 thumbnail as a preview of the whole series and there's absolutely no use for the others...

as I said before I run a batch file do delete all unnecessary bmp from the disk

Quote from Erik Virtel

Yes, that should work.

Since I'm a developer and not an enduser, I'm not dealing with such an amount of data. My experience is that whenever users have such big databases they also do have a lot of junk in it, for example files that are not referenced anymore in the database file but do still persist on the hard drive. After time they are wondering why random studies won't be stored locally when querying a pacs (because these files and folders exist already and thus they will not be registered in the database file).

Best practice is to make use of the overflow management and regenerate/ delete the database from time to time.

thanks for reply.
    what exactly is "overflow management" ?

Quote from Erik Virtel

Although you can store more than 10k studies, iQ-VIEW (and presumably K-PACS) will show a maximum of 10k studies as default in the study browser, or any user defined value (see Administration Guide).

This setting is used to guarantee an adequate performance when searching, filtering etc. the database.

So, If i got it right, if I store 11000 cases, the study browser will only show the last 10000
    and to see the list of other 1000 missing cases I will have to play with filters (maybe give a time range for search).

Quote from Yves Neumann

I recommend to use K-PACS only for up to 10000 studies.

which problems may I encounter if I have more than 10000 studies in K-PACS?
    is there a limitation of the cases thay it can store?

does the same limitation affects iQ-VIEW? please note that I have a regular 2.6 licence and I'm waiting for the 2.7 upgrade after licence renewal.

glad to know that 2.7.0 version is near.
    I'm pretty sure that the time I waited for it will be worth it.

regarding the user-developer feedback I'm not completely agree with you.

training and "how to" support can be made with local vendors
    but bug reporting and feature requests should be directly sent by the enduser to the developers

as I told before there hasn't been a lot of feedback on the discussion board
    I will try using Mantis hoping to have better results.

so I have just moved many of my feature and bug requests from the discussion board to the
    bug tracking system

thanks for your advice.

for those who are interested of getting rid of .bmp files in K-PACS and iQ-VIEW databases

1- create an empy .txt file and call it deletebmp.txt

2- open it and digit this code:
    del /S "D:\K-PACS\Imagebox\*.bmp"

obviously you have to enter the proper path of your K-PACS or iQ-VIEW imagebox

3- save and close that file and rename it as deletebmp.bat

4- double click that file and it will scan all the folders of your Imagebox deleting all those .bmp

Thanks for these additional informations.
    I hope you guys will spend more time on the discussion board...
    the user-developer feedback could be improved.

I've bought a 2.6 licence 2 years ago and I paid a 1-year upgrade extension licence in february 2011 looking forward for the forthcoming 2.7 release.
    that extension licence will expire at the end of february 2012. will iqview 2.7 be launched before that date?

it would be nice to have a direct hotkey to perform Black/White color inversion, just like the various CT window settings (i.e. Lung, Mediastinum, Bone, Brain etc. etc.) each one of those can be triggered by a custom hotkey.

actually the Black/White color inversion in selectable only from the color scheme menu.

please, some feedback, please...

I am a regular licenced user of iQ-VIEW 2.6.0 and I have also paid an extension fee to future upgrade to 2.7.0 that was announced to be released by the end of this year.

just tell me when you plan to ship the new version... september? october? december?

In previous newsletter you said that iQ-VIEW 2.7 is going to be released in 2011

I wonder if you have a more precise release date and if you can also provide a list of new features and important bug fixes.

thanks.

I'm experiencing this issue with MRI images displayed and printed with iQ-VIEW 2.6.0
    see the attached screenshot from my iQ-VIEW 2.6.0 and MRI images from a Siemens Magnetom Essenza 1.5 Tesla scanner

[Blocked Image: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7271/decimali.jpg]

the Slice Thickness and Slice Position overlays at the bottom at the page are displaying an excessive amount of decimal numbers.... this is annoying and causes crowding in the image especially after printing them on film.

In my opinion there should be an option to limit the display of decimals on overlays...
    user could be able to set a default overlay format to to x.x or to x.xx or to x.xxx...

so, instead of having overlays like:

Pos. 21.1322342354235
    ST. 0.854354542222

user could have something like:

Pos. 21.1
    ST. 0.8

or

Pos. 21.13
    ST. 0.85

or
    Pos. 21.132
    ST. 0.854

according to the desired format (x.x or x.xx or x.xxx)

please consider this optimization for next 2.7 release.