Posts by prost_12

I have installed version 1.14.5 and wish to use it to extract a private element formatted as floating point. In the GE MR header, (0019,105A) is the total acquisition time, in microseconds (!). If I force the transfer to the server to occur as ExplicitLittleEndian, I can find the element's correct value using a tool like DICOM.Inspector. I am using SQLite and have the added a line to extract the value in dicom.sql:
    { 0x0019, 0x105A, "TotalAcqTime", 16, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_STR },
    which results in blank cells in the SQLite database. I then used an ImportConvertor in dicom.ini to copy the value from (0019, 105A) to a public element that I don't care about:
    ImportConverter0 = set 0018,0080 to "%V0019,105A"
    Which copies the value into 0018,0080, but results in a corrupted value (gibberish) because the VR of 0018,0080 is DS, not FL. However, this corrupted value then appears in the SQLite database.
    Questions:
    How can dicom.sql be configured to extract floating point values?
    How can I extract values from Private Elements? Using the copying method detailed above, I can extract private elements which are not FL, by using the Import converter and copying the private element data to a public element and then use dicom.sql to extract it to the SQLite database.
    Can I provide code in the Importconverter to change the FL into the DS data type?
    Thanks!
    -Bob