Posts by newKPacsUser

I can query the pacs server on the network and am able to view the images fine.

but from a cd-rom I cannot import it to the local database..also, when i try to view the images it only shows the first image in a series of images..say, if there are 30 images in a series, it only shows the first image of the 30-image series.

I checked the variables in kpserver.txt and k-pacs.ini..both point to c:\kpacs\imagebox.

thanks.

we have a CathLab that records images and a Philips machine burns the images of the cath to a CD as a .img.

KPacs seems to have a hard reading these images from the CD. I clicked on filesystem and opened the images and it just does nothing and says server.ini is corrupted ..reinstall the application; which I did, but it still keeps doing the same thing over & over.

how do I read these img files.

wow...you replied back the same day..I wasn't expecting a reply this fast...thanks for that & sorry about not responding any earlier.

yes but if the settings were wrong, KPacs won't retrieve any information from the PACS Server. but it does; just that it is not able to view them.if it is the wrong setting(which I purposely tried) it cannot retrieve any information about patients.

I searched for CT patients done last week, it retrieves the right information and even the right number of images, but the viewer doesn't seem to work.

I used DicomWorks to convert a patient folder on the pacs server to dcm format and then when I imported that folder from the filesystem, it worked fine.

but that doesn't really solve the problem of downloading images from the pacs server.

would be a great help if you point me in the right direction.

thank you so much

I managed to search for Patients on the Pacs Server and was able to pull the patients information and the number/type of images they had. but, the viewer doesn't show me a thing. itz just blank. I didn't see any images in the local imagebox either. not sure what the problem might be.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks