Posts by snalbansed

Thanks Yves

I have had a look at the PortQry tool. I used the command

Code
    PortQry -wport 104 -wt 5

If I start and stop the server through the K-Pacs Server Admin tool, PortQry tells me that port 104 is listening when it is started, and that

Code
    the specified port currently does not have any port mappings

when it is stopped.

If I do the same thing with

Code
    kpserver-NT-Service /U

and

Code
    kpserver-NT-Service /IA

there is no activity from PortQry.

I really can't work out what is going on here!

I don't think the version in 0.9.7 was particularly broken, as the same problem happened when I reinstalled 0.9.5.

I have now installed 0.9.8, and again I have the same issue. Just before installing 0.9.8, I noticed that 0.9.5 was working correctly again!

Just after I installed it, I noticed the following notice next to the download:

Attention: make shure that KPServer.exe is not running before updating K-PACS!

As you might guess, I had it running when I did the update. What are the consequenses of leaving it running during the update - could this be the cause of my problems?

Thanks,
    Ed

Hello again

I have now discovered that actually the NT-Service doesn't work with 0.9.5 either :cry:

If I try to start the service using

Code
    kpserver-NT-Service /IA

it tells me it is already running. But it does not appear in the Windows Task Manager and it doesn't work. If I stop the service using

Code
    kpserver-NT-Service /U

and then run it again with

Code
    /IA

it appears very briefly in the Task Manager and dissapears.

However, if I start the service using the K-Pacs Server configuration utility it does work, and it remains in the Task Manager. When I tried this on the later version (0.9.7) even this didn't work.

Is anyone else having any problems with the NT-Service app? I need this to work without being logged on to the machine or interacting with it, so the NT-Service is brilliant when it works! :lol:

Or am I the only person who uses K-PACS in this way :?:

Ed

Hi

I have just installed version 0.9.7, over version 0.9.5.

I had the server running as an NT-service, and this stopped working.

Everytime I tried to start the service from the Server Admin Tool, it would dissapear from the task manager almost immediately.

If I tried to restart the service using the cmd interface, initially it would complain that it was already running, and if I stopped it then ran it again it would appear very briefly in the task manager and dissapear again.

I have now 'upgraded!' to 0.9.5, and all is well again.

Help!

----
    I am running WindowsXP, with all current updates.

Thanks Andreas.

I didn't notice your reply in this forum until today - after I saw that you have implimented running as an NT- service in the new version.

I have installed 0.9.5, and the NT-service feature seems to be working!

Thanks for adding this feature, it makes the program much more useful for me :D

Ed McDonagh

Yep - understand completely about registering
    Now I have registered, any chance of a clue as to the date of 0.9.5, especially if it runs without being logged in... (see above)

Thanks, Ed