Posts by dcoyaz

Follow up to tblshooting this. It seems the GE OEC 9900s send 16bit pixel data where as previous versions send 12bit. We now have a 9800 that k-pacs displays properly. We would be highly motivated for a fix, in this or the commercial version. Especially considering the cost of eFilm that seems to support the 16bit data.

Regards,

Additionally, i installed conquest on another workstation and copied the data from the main conquest to a 2nd one. The images at the 2nd one looked ok on the conquest browser, but when i open the K-pacs integrated viewer in conquest the images look bad as well. I don't know if conquest use k-pacs for it's builtin viewer, but i'm getting the same symptoms as with k-pacs workstation connecting to conquest.

When looking at images submitted from a GE OEC 9900 to a Conquest server, the quality is poor. It seems that the contrast, shading, and background are much darker than the submitted image. If i view the image at the server with the conquest image viewer, the images appear as they do on the 9900's. Is there settings in the K-PACS to fix this? The K-PACS is setting on the same physical LAN as the Conquest server.

Additionally for any Conquest experts. I am unable to open the image viewer on the Conquest server. I receive an error "The DICOM server is not running (in this directory)", anyone seen this?

Thanks,

Being relatively new to DICOM, i have a question regarding our setup that i would appreciate input on:

We are using GE OEC 9900's and are sending studies to a conquest dicom server. This all works well and the images are stored. When i query those studies from the conquest server with a K-Pacs workstation the images are received and i can mouse wheel through them in the viewer, and see the list of images in the study in the query browser. However in the viewer there is only a single thumbnail that apparently seems to hold all the images of the study. Does this seem to be a configuration issue somewhere or just how it works.

Thanks,