Posts by Fredrik

The root/sudo problem wasn't a problem after i changed server port from 104 to 5000, which of course is logical. Measurements doesn't work, however - gives the same kind image corruption as seen in the thumbnails. Most other things seem to work, even CD-creation!

Regards,

Fredrik

I have now played around with my K-Pacs installation on Linux Ubuntu and most of the programs works exactly as on WinXP. No problem to connect to a Conquest server and query/retrieve or upload studies. No problems to import DICOMDIR files or other dicom files. The only 2 problems so far are trivial - popup windows seems to popup behind the main window giving the impression that the button doesn't respond and the thumbnails in the viewer are corrupt. Otherwise the viewer seems to work perfectly.
    Maybe compiling K-Pacs using winelib would be an easy way to provide the Linux community with an excellent dicom viewer? Would be nice to hear if anyone else has the same sucess, and maybe has solutions to the 2 trivial problems above! Also - you have to run wine/K-Pacs as root or using sudo, will try to find out why.

Regards,

Fredrik

Just to inform those who would like to use K-Pacs under Linux that I've succesfully installed K-Pacs on Ubuntu 6-06 using the Wine package found on http://www.winehq.com. Didn't change anything in the Wine config and choose XP as operating system. Only used Wine's own library, no MS Dll's. It's possible to run the installer with winelauncher and then it installs without any problems at all. So far I've tried importing dicom-files from filesystem and the server seems to run, havn't tried to use the networking yet, though. Using the viewer works w/o any problems at all.
    Will try to run it with a Conquest server later today and post a message if it's working.

Regards,

Fredrik

Hello!

I'm currently evaluating iQ-VIEW as an alternative to Kodak MasterPage as a clinical PACS workstation. I'm very impressed by the features and in my opinion iQ-view is superior to MasterPage in most ways. However, i really miss the possibility to zoom using the scroll wheel on the mouse while in zoom/pan. Would this be hard to implement in the code?

Regards,

F Hegardt, MD