Posts by hfield

Maybe from a portable device. The CR images that we do here in the clinic are about 10 MB each in size. The dicom image on a particular DX study brought in on disk is only about 7.5 MB . Is there anything in the header that would help you identify a problem? A specific line item? I almost feel that it is just my lack of knowledge about the images and a configuration problem.

Does anyone else have problems with some DX modality studies? I have problems on occasion getting them to send to a Conquest Dicom Server storage. The server just says "*** connection terminated" and the sending of the study to the Conquest server fails. Using conquest 1.4.16.

I have used Kpacs for some time as a tool to move dicom images around between Dicom Servers and I have now downloaded iQ-View 3D to test the 3d capabilities. I have installed it on a new machine (Dell Precision Workstation with 2.6 Ghz Quad Core CPU, 2 GB ram, Nvidia Quadro FX video card, 160 GB hdd. Windows XP Pro). The standard dicom functions work fine (view, print, query dicom server). But when the CT tech attempts to use the 3D features the system is extremely slow. Does anyone have any ideas about why?

Thanks,
    Neal

Just wanted to say thank you for this PACS server. I have been using it for about 3 years as a backup server to my main dicom storage server. Recently, our old storage server crashed and I was able to install a new 'primary' storage server with Conquest and just started sending all our dicom images to it. Transferred all backup images from the older Conquest server and we are up and running with a minimal problem. I really enjoy the fact that I can be in control of the support for Conquest (ie. I can install another server any time I need to without asking for help from a 3rd party that won't give me passwords to the database, etc). We had previously implemented access to medical images in our EMR system with our old Dicom Server, but when it crashed we just recoded our software to pull images from the Conquest server. Now we are as independent as we can get from other companies support for our image storage and access. We have written our own EMR system as you can probably guess from the above statements and we like to be self sufficient. We use MySql already for our EMR database, and with Conquest, we could easily use the MySql database for it as well. Works great! Thanks for a great software, Marcel!