Posts by hlang

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the new 0.9.6.1 version, and much to my surprise it is now impossible to change the accession number using the modify option. It either refuses to change the data or changes it to the value 1.

I'll downgrade to 0.9.5.4 for now.

Kind regards,

Henrik Lang

The problem was solved by Andreas Knopke (after a very big effort), who discovered that spaces in the installation path caused this problem. Reinstallation of K-Pacs 0.95 using a more simple path solved this, and the solution should be part of the latest builds, I believe.

Cheers,

Henrik Lang
    PACS Administrator
    Glostrup Hospital
    Denmark

Hi,

I've come across a rather interesting/disturbing bug in K-PACS v.0.95:

When importing CD-roms from other hospitals I have to modify the Accession number as well as the format of the patient's name to fit the standards of our hospital. This is mostly without a problem in v.0.95, but with some examinations (typically CT and MR) there is a bizarre problem:

First, I modify the DICOM tags, I need to change. Then I click 'Accept', and I then get the normal messages "Modifying headers" and "Registering modified images". So far, so good.
    It's slower to "Register..." than usual (comparing with CTs and MRs), and upon completion the entire examination marked for modification is deleted from the local Imagebase!

Very odd and quite alarming. I've not seen this happen with v.0.942.

Anybody else experienced this odd behaviour?

Cheers,

Henrik Lang
    PACS Administrator
    Glostrup Hospital
    Denmark

Hi Andreas,

Well, I couldn't possibly ask for anything more than that, so thank you very much. I'll pass the good news on. :D

Best regards,

Henrik Lang
    PACS Administrator
    Glostrup Hospital
    Denmark

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to express my admiration for K-PACS and the work put into it. It fills a few bad holes in our workflow and especially helps us with CDs and transmission of those to our Sectra PACS. However, we have come across a few things in K-PACS, which could perhaps be improved in future versions:

1. Would it be possible to have K-PACS save the choice made in "More settings" rather than defaulting to "Show images after full retrieve" after each restart of the program? (We prefer using "Just retrieve", as we mainly use K-PACS for its CD import and transmit to storage capabilities.)

2. In order to import the examinations from e.g. a CD, you need to click each separate examination and load it to the local database, eventhough the DICOMDIR file is at hand. Wouldn't it be better to allow multiple selections (shift+click or ctrl+click) and then just allow the user load all into the local database, if he wishes to do so?

That's it, really. If we find other things, which could be nice to have in K-PACS, I'll be sure to make a note of them. :wink:

Best regards,

Henrik Lang
    PACS Administrator
    Glostrup Hospital
    Denmark