Posts by ghemails

Hi Marcel,
    I think you are correct. The problem has been reproducible. I suspect there are likely to be a number of corrupted Dicom files. Is there any way the the server can skip though a corrupted file or better still isolate that file in an exception list and transfer the remain files instead of crashing? The file can then be managed separately.
    Just a though.

Again Thanks for all the help.

Georges

Hi Here is the error message whilst copying 74 cases from on server to the other (19740 MRI slices),
    Sending file : /mnt/dicomdata/43373-/1.3.46.670589.11.8511.7.1374131600000066740801_0801_000009_11833638030f73.v2
    Image Loaded from Read Ahead Thread, returning TRUE
    ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating -536805378 bytes

MyPatientRootRetrieveGeneric :: RetrieveOn
    ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server

Thanks for the info
    I will try it out.
    Georges

Hello Marcel,
    Thank you. This has been most helpful. I have found an interesting problem whilst copying images across to the new server which has far more appropriate configuration. I found a recurring memory problem where D-gate attempts to use memory which is not allocated to it. have you encountered this before?
    King regards
    GH

Hello Marcel,
    Can I move studies from the command line in linux version. I am trying to migrate all the data base and images from this version to another dicom server. Can you tell me waht the command would look like. I can do this with the windows version but often get failures in data transfer. We have a lacie NAS with 1.3 Tb used out of 2 Tb. Almost all the studies are MRI.
    Thanks
    GH