Posts by lhendricks

Update to help anyone using IIS6:

I found the problem with my integrated authentication and why it gives 403 forbidden. In order to use cgi with integrated authentication your users need certain non-default permissions in the local security policy that IIS6 uses to create process-level security. You can take these steps as an alternative to setting it as anonymous only and creating a new app pool that uses the IWAM account:

That's MSIE getting this error. To solve it, go to the local security policy. Under "User Rights Assignment", find "Replace a process-level token" and "Adjust memory Quotas for a Process" and add your user to both

I created a php wrapper to grab the web output from dgate.exe so I could manipulate the web page look and feel and possibly add some security later like a login. As long as dgate.exe html output stays pretty static like it is this should work (will have to replace the head/title removal line depending on version). This was created using PHP 5.2 but it might work with PHP4. This code includes a customization to take the viewer and set it to a % based size instead of using the .ini value. It only works if the .ini size is set to 700. This sets the width to 100% and height to 95% which works well in IE7 as tested. Comment or remove the 2 replacements referring to width and height if this is not disirable, but leave the code block within the if statement because you do not want the script to replace the dgate.exe references within the viewer page.

Create the file and name it index.php and put it in the same directory as dgate.exe then set your $app_base variable, or create a resource file to include that has the $app_base variable set (see comments in the code):

See below for updated version

P.S. One thing I can't figure out: what is that little square at the top right that turns red when you click it for?

Attempting to make the web-viewer work with IIS6. Server portion is installed and working but the web-viewer seems to completely ignore the dicom.ini file.

All the links point to what look like defaults (port 104, ip 127.0.0.1). I have the IP and port changed in the ini but get no different result when it is in the correct location or not. If there are any log files or something I can read, the IIS log tells me nothing useful. I am guessing it's not able to read the file for some reason but the why is beyond what I can find.

In the mean time here are the extra steps I had to take so far for IIS6:

-Set directory access to anonymous only (usually use windows auth but I get cgi errors with that)
    -create an application pool and set it to use the IWAM account.
    -Make sure IUSR has proper browsing permissions and IWAM has access to all files that the cgi program will use
    -Set cgi-bin as an application and set it to the new pool
    -Go to web extensions and create an allowed extension for dgate.exe
    -Make sure to restart IIS after any major change

EDIT: Ok I got the dgate to read the ini file. For some reason it did not like to be in a sub-directory called cgi-bin away from the ocx file. I removed my web-files and just pointed a virtual directory to the webserver folder and did all the above. I tried with and without cgi-bin subdirectory but it only reads the ini file when it's there hugging the ocx file.

My mag0 virtual mapping does not seem to work, though. It gives me the empty black box when I try to use the view option. I have the directory set to browse and it's pointed at the data folder and the IWAM and IUSR accounts both have access, but I still just get a black box.

New edit: Miss-typed an entry in the webserver dicom.ini and now the viewer works. Very nice, hope the above is helpful to someone.

P.S. Is there a way to flip the images (horizontally?)