Posts by many

Hello,
    I've just installed DICOMWorks viewer, and I noticed that when I manipulate images located in 'dicomconquest/data' directory I lose data consistency. Is there any way for automatic update conquest database when changing images form outside qonquest?

Hi,
    I made another exercise, this time i tried to add new DICOM file into server I copied the file into 'c:\dicomserver' directory

and I invoked dgate --addimagefile:im03 command afterwards i checked conquestdicom server status and I got the following error:

[CONQUESTSRV1] Server command sent using DGATE -- option
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] im03 -FAILED: Error on Load

I would like to ask how to make it work (I mean add files onto server from command line) and another thing... what if the file is somewhere else I mean not in the directory where dgate is.

PS
    Marcelvanherk do you think you could explain what you meant by 'put commands modify settings and get read them'. (sorry I know it is dull question :] but sometimes it is better to ask)

I changed it to:

system("c:\dicomserver\dgate -p5678 --display_status:");

and it works fine.

Can I ask where to find more complex explanation for the dgate options. I know how to list them (dgate ?/ describes them in very concise way)

Let say what does 'dgate --put_sop:index,UID,name' do.

What are index, name, (UID as I guess is the service object pair unique identifier).

Hi, can somebody explain why when I am trying to invoke dgate functions from command line it works only when I am in the dicomserver directory and it doesn't when I call it using absolute path so for instance

c:\dicomserver>dgate --display_status:

gives me proper results, but on the contrary

c:\>c:\dicomserver>dgate --display_status:

doesn't work.

I want to use dgate as an interface to mysql. and access it using PHP. in PHP there is function system( string $command [, int &$return_var ] ) where $command is a command we want to execute and &$return_var is a optional parameter. In PHP manual it is written that it is very similar to C so if it was C function how would you compose it. Function shown below doesn't work :(

system("c:\dicomserver>dgate --display_status:");

Hello, for last couple of weeks I've been trying to learn something about DiCOM 3.0 and HL7 v.2 and to be honest it is still a closed book to me. I know that it is not fair to expect people to answer some dummy questions but I believe it is good place to ask:

1. what exactly is the worklist ( I've checked the Worklistdicom table i know what are the fields in the database ) but what is the purpose of worklist existence from end user point of view.

2. we can read in manual about dgate command line. Is that mean that we can invoke dgate.exe from let say windows command, or other programing environment bypassing conquest? I am not a programmer and I have difficulties reading dgate.cpp so what I am asking is a short code that shows how to use dgate options or perhaps a hint what are those programming techniques that allow us to communicate with dgate server.

can somebody upload a short script that shows how to communicate with dgate via CGI (i think of something for training purposes not necessary standalone script maybe someone use an ready freeware application appropriate to hook it with dgate using CGI) That shouldn't be a big effort for someone who actually knows what it is all about :] for me it is nightmare especially when everything goes wrong.

many thanks in advance
    Tom.