Posts by pete77

Hey

Could you please hint me on what u need to have configured so that Osirix can see the conquest server ? Do I need any special module for osirix ? I couldnt find anything in it that would allow me to enter conquest server ip/port.

Am I getting this right - does every viewer need to have its own server to be able to communicate with conquest ?

Hey

Is it possible to create another table for sql and somehow connect it with dicom stuff that conquest creates in his database.
    Im thinking about php that would allow description of your study to be put into it.
    What I was thinking was simple view of data stored by conquest + seperate table to add other information into it. I wouldn't like to mess with what conquest creates so theres my though of another dbase.

Im not so familiar with how the viewers work. Is it possible to fetch the whole study with a php script and then open it on your local machine ?

Couldn't find much around the forums on a good solution to my idea.
    Could you point to some post or tell me in theory how it would be best done?

As Ive said before there are 4 stations that will make 1TB/year in raid 0.
    After that year Id like to move the drives to a master server in 5th location that will provide some minimal access.

Greetz !

Ok Ive managed to solve it myself and its working now.
    Trying to run that viewer now.

What Im wondering now is how to make the db movable to another server.
    There are 4 radiology stations and they make about 1TB/year.
    Since internet connection costs with sync >2mbit speed are pretty high I decided to make separate servers for each station and after the HDD's fill up move them to 'master' server where they can provide some option to view the images/data over internet. Maybe I should create MySQL on that master server and configure each conquest server to use it in separate db tho having 1 for all would be really cool for searching reasons. Here rises another problem with internet connection - if it fails conquest wont have db.
    Guess Ill have to get along with 4 separate databases with external access.
    But how to make the storage 'swappable' ?

I'm assuming conquest will work with GE stations ?
    Is there any good viewer/manager that you would advice ?

The doctor I'm working with here suggested some Mac Viewer that is free and very good in his opinion. Ofcourse that would involve getting macs for each station but thats not a problem.

Hey again

I think it is working now with mysql but I cannot browse db it says something about libmysql.dll. Right now Im trying to get it up on MSSQL and this would be my ultimate goal as this is ment to work for a long time and maybe someday add some features to this server.

Ive installed MSSQL enterprise before but I dont really get anything to configure it. Could you please provide some link to a tutorial or any kind of documentation on howto change its authentication method(didnt have conquest back when I installed so Ive used windows authentication),ports,names etc ?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I kinda got discouraged with MySQL becuase at start I had some problems with a bug that wouldnt let me finish/start the server while editing Its configuration ( some Error : 0 thing ) and I had to reinstall.
    Thats one of the reasons I wonna go with MSSQL to avoid problems in future if when I mess something up.

I was thinking of putting OS and server soft on a single disk and images to a RAID-0 (was considering 2x 1TB) then move the drives to another server where I must keep them (for 10 years ^^) where I could get some simple access to old images.

I have 4 stations that will totally produce about 4TB/year.

Can you tell me more on howto configure mysql along with conquest ?
    Im pretty sure that after I get a kick start I can experiment myself.

Hey

Im trying to get rid of constant DVD burning for backing up images and I was wondering about this conquest ? Will this hold 2-3gb/day of images?
    Im not very good on SQL but id like to learn more since in time It will be a must for a good patient/image database and I wanted to start off with simple storage system that would manage small portion of Patient details and his images.

Could you please advice on what server software should I get ?
    Will conquest work for me ? There are so many solutions around that are very expensive and Im not sure which PACS is good.

Also any tutorial links or book titles on MS SQL for newbies would be very nice.

Thanks!